EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
December 24-30th Clippers

Chicago Storm

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS is just radically different from its 12z run...for the Jan 1-2 impulse. Good hit for IA, S WI, N IL, N IN and S MI though. Also, I think it has continuous snows, of varying intensity, for Chicago for 30 hours through 102 hours...haha.

super long duration event...r2r consistency still garbage.

wouldn't be surprised to see some people throwing fits over the future WWA because the snowfall doesn't fall fast enough for a WSW

I don't know. Looks like I-80 and north is prime. Models always exaggerate the cold push south...and thus I see a more northern solution like the NAM and GGEM working well. Not sure I buy the clippers often run south. Think we're going to be on the outside looking up here. Plus, Hoosier said it wasn't going to snow in LAF until at least after Jan 15. Take it to the bank...I guess. :D

Always putting words in my mouth.

Closed circulation at 850mb just south of chicago with ENE fetch off the lake and 850mb temps below -12C, not to mention a 400mb deep DGZ. Really a great run.

Doesn't get much better than that. Great h85 low track for here and as you mentioned the likelihood of high ratios and even some lake enhancement. Southeast Wisconsin would do well with the LE even being north of the best forcing.

Archived