Newest Member
    joxey
December 24-30th Clippers

Chicago Storm

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, you beat me by 0.1"!

12:1 ratio stuff. Edge of snow about up to Harvard, IL.

Last night for me ended up being only a dusting....couldn't really even measure it lol .... 18Z RAP showing light QPF for a longer duration than last night's round...It won't be much....but it will continue the trend of nearly every day this season having a flake fly at some point...

I got 0.2" from last night's dud.  I wasn't expecting much from today's little disturbance, but it brought some nice convective bursts with moderate to very briefly low-end heavy snow rates.  It was very nice to watch on Christmas.  It added up to another inch for a 24 hour total of 1.2".  We've had a lot of these little snows this season.  They do add up.

I'm up to about half of our normal season total... not bad considering it's only Christmas.

Merry Christmas, everybody! I hope it is going great for all of you.

The wife and I shoveled the drive yesterday afternoon, there was around 4" on it since Sunday. When we left this afternoon to go to the relatives' place for dinner, there was around 1.5" again on the driveway. I figure we'll wait until tomorrow to shovel again. 

Just had a nice walk in the snow with my family and dogs in southeastern Naperville. Light snow with visibility 3/4-1 mile, collecting nicely, probably an additional few tenths after this morning's dusting. Looks like some of the heavier snow like what Geos has been seeing will be over this area in the next 20 minutes or so. Nothing better than this on Christmas Day. Merry Christmas to all.

Just had a nice walk in the snow with my family and dogs in southeastern Naperville. Light snow with visibility 3/4-1 mile, collecting nicely, probably an additional few tenths after this morning's dusting. Looks like some of the heavier snow like what Geos has been seeing will be over this area in the next 20 minutes or so. Nothing better than this on Christmas Day. Merry Christmas to all.

Sounds nice! Haven't noticed anyone walking around here since about sunset. Those heavier returns in southern Kane County will be intense if they travel towards Naperville.

Been snowing moderately to heavy for 35 minutes.

Haven't seen it snow this hard since 2/7/13

Sounds nice! Haven't noticed anyone walking around here since about sunset. Those heavier returns in southern Kane County will be intense if they travel towards Naperville.

Been snowing moderately to heavy for 35 minutes.

Haven't seen it snow this hard since 2/7/13

It was awesome because there's no wind, temperatures aren't too cold and no one else out there. The dogs were able to run around without us being worried about cars and other dogs. No signs of weakening in the band yet, so it appears we'll get in on some moderate to +SN here. That's impressive your rates are almost as heavy as 2/7/13, glad we didn't completely miss out on the 2 clippers the past 2 days after last night was mostly a miss.

Archived