joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 14/15 winter storm threat

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS would break out some light snow midday sat but the main impact would be sat night. Thats subject to change of course 5 days out.

Thanks - thats why it looked like to me on the other runs.  As its the holiday season, there's lots of weekend planning going on.  Knowing early that traveling might be difficult is helpful.

Likewise, as this area was already going to be plenty cold enough.  Still 100 hr out, but 12z gfs cut foothills qpf by 1/3-1/2 compared to earlier runs, with most coming at 2m temps in the singles.

We all know how the models handle the cold this far out, Its not that good and always seems as we get closer in to start to pick up on it, But as with a lot of storms, Someone on either side NW or SE gets the shaft, I know the track i most favor but there would be many that would not like it, But it does not really matter what i want...............lol

Track over the Cape Cod, MA canal would be nice for this neck of the woods. It may just be memories of past winters that cause suppression fears for me.

Yeah its always in the back of the mind like Dryslot said.

Anything over the Cape or the SE side of SNE is favorable here... In reality our "benchmark" is like right over BOS.

Archived