Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter storm 12/8-9 model discussion part II

Ji

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So here is the difference in the forecast justification for the WSW and the WWA for LWX- 

Advisory- 

ACCUMULATIONS...1 TO 2 INCHES OF SNOW AND SLEET FOLLOWED BY UP
TO TWO TENTHS OF AN INCH OF ICE.

Warning- 

ACCUMULATIONS...1 TO 3 INCHES OF SNOW AND SLEET...FOLLOWED BY
A QUARTER INCH OF ICE. 

RAP doesn't really get moisture in here until 11-12 or so...then a burst...and then a lull.....I'm sure the mid levels are torchy too....our snow window doesn't look very promising.  hopefully the wedge can stay intact...6z NAM had DCA at 34 degrees at 18z and then cooling again.....lol

There is no difference in that forecast. But you are in the warning... I think... I am in the WWA in Catonsville.  Congrats!!!!

There is a difference. I'm under a warning for .25 of ice, which is warning criteria. You're under an advisory because ice isn't forecasted to be above .2. So while minor, it makes the difference between an advisory and a warning

RAP doesn't really get moisture in here until 11-12 or so...then a burst...and then a lull.....I'm sure the mid levels are torchy too....our snow window doesn't look very promising. hopefully the wedge can stay intact...6z NAM had DCA at 34 degrees at 18z and then cooling again.....lol

Gfs still looked promising...nam was really uninspiring for back here...even for freezing rain..basically less .75 for the entire event rain included

There is a difference. I'm under a warning for .25 of ice, which is warning criteria. You're under an advisory because ice isn't forecasted to be above .2. So while minor, it makes the difference between an advisory and a warning

I know... I know... I just wish someone down there had the guts to just come out and say... WWA for for everyone.... light sleet event for everyone...  but I know that they are in the public safety business... so there is no shame in busting big... anyway.. it is just the beginning.. lets see if it evolves.... the fake Accurweather radar is filling in nicely.. My initial guess was for the dirt spots between the grass to fill in with a little bit of white... I am just bitter cause it looks like we arent even gonna see that :(  

I know... I know... I just wish someone down there had the guts to just come out and say... WWA for for everyone.... light sleet event for everyone...  but I know that they are in the public safety business... so there is no shame in busting big... anyway.. it is just the beginning.. lets see if it evolves.... the fake Accurweather radar is filling in nicely.. My initial guess was for the dirt spots between the grass to fill in with a little bit of white... I am just bitter cause it looks like we arent even gonna see that :(

Dude, relax....the storm is just starting to take shape up this way...precipitation isnt even suppose to start for another couple hours...man your a negative nancy

At 7am this morning, before the storm was even supposed to start, you're bitter already and nitpicking about WWA vs Warning?

Archived