• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
December 6-7: Rainy Frontal Passage or a Wintry Wave?

moneypitmike

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thinking pre-dawn?

Yes, its long gone by 12z I think, except maybe the Cape or far SE areas...prob see snow mixing in around midnight in your BY, and it tries to come down pretty good for 3 or 4 hours. Maybe a little longer or shorter depending on the timing of the elevated warm layer being overcome. It could start mixing as soon as 9 or 10pm.

Meh evening runs so far up here. Looks like you guys in MA ride that 0C isothermal line aloft for a good 3-6hr period.

I think elevated interior N of pike . Wxmanmitch should jack pot 4-6. Will to Dave I'd say 2'ish and mpm 3 or so, dusting to coating for CP, not sure there is much precip when CP BL cools to 33f. As far as mt tolland, i think 1 inch

We are all gonna be wishing to be in your shoes Monday.

Indeed.  We may still merit advisories on Monday--don't see any need for it tomorrow night at this point in the BOX zones.  Perhaps out by me they will, and certainly I expect Albany will hoist for Berkshire CO.  I guess we'll know come 12z runs tomorrow.

Do you anticipate flakes at BDL by 10:00p.m.?  That's when I'm landing....will be nice to have that to drive home in.  Or to transition to as I head homeward.

Indeed. We may still merit advisories on Monday--don't see any need for it tomorrow night at this point in the BOX zones. Perhaps out by me they will, and certainly I expect Albany will hoist for Berkshire CO. I guess we'll know come 12z runs tomorrow.

Do you anticipate flakes at BDL by 10:00p.m.? That's when I'm landing....will be nice to have that to drive home in. Or to transition to as I head homeward.

No not at 10. Maybe it starts to flip approaching the might GC.

what was the event in 2011-2012 that had a similar set-up?

There was the bust on 12/23/11...though that one was definitely warmer than this on since we had like no high to the northwest building in.

Thanks. I went digging for the thread but gave up. I saw that one...That didn't seem like the one I was thinking of, but maybe that's it.

Archived