• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Banter Thread

I want to smack Justin Berk through basic TCP/IP for his weenie casting of the NWS experimental snowfall product.  He needs to stop flaring that stuff all over the Internet...even with his half hearted explanation to go with the image, people will just blindly share that stuff and then call for blood when it doesn't verify.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to smack Justin Berk through basic TCP/IP for his weenie casting of the NWS experimental snowfall product.  He needs to stop flaring that stuff all over the Internet...even with his half hearted explanation to go with the image, people will just blindly share that stuff and then call for blood when it doesn't verify.

I knew this would happen.... that some idiot weenie would take the 90th percentile max snowfall map, post it on facebook to even more idiot weenies (most of who will mindlessly gawk over it without even the slightest clue as to what it shows), and run with it. 

As much as Justin Berk wishcasts, I didn't think he was that bad. I expect something like this from a clueless teenage snow weenie with his own wishcasting fb page, not a met.

Well we got 9.5" which was awesome!   :snowing:

But now the cleanup....I got 500' of driveway and my Dad who is 84 has 300' of driveway.

You could put signs up like Penn Dot.... this area is available for adoption... And see if anyone bites. or you could sell blocks of snow on Ebay. make sure you say you are responsible for delivery.

Not gonna lie, even with a chance of rain this weekend, I am loving 50s/60s showing up on the GFS. My house is going to be packed with people all weekend for the little one's first birthday, having the option to go outside makes me happ

If it is warn, make everyone go outside. that will do a couple of things for you:

1. keeps your house clean,

2. makes sure no one over stays their welcome.

and for the bonus.... Keeps everyone who is sick outside and lowers your chance of being sick for Christmas.

Not gonna lie, even with a chance of rain this weekend, I am loving 50s/60s showing up on the GFS. My house is going to be packed with people all weekend for the little one's first birthday, having the option to go outside makes me happy

I know what you mean. I am hosting 16 on Saturday...8 adults and 8 kids.

I for one cannot wait until Sunday. :)

Not gonna lie, even with a chance of rain this weekend, I am loving 50s/60s showing up on the GFS. My house is going to be packed with people all weekend for the little one's first birthday, having the option to go outside makes me happy

I remember my daughters 1st birthday party, it was a kegger! :drunk:

So you're looking forward to the party are ya?

If it is warn, make everyone go outside. that will do a couple of things for you:

1. keeps your house clean,

2. makes sure no one over stays their welcome.

and for the bonus.... Keeps everyone who is sick outside and lowers your chance of being sick for Christmas.

Very true :)

Nice! Not many kids coming to the party Saturday, but are first birthdays ever for the kid?

I remember my daughters 1st birthday party, it was a kegger! :drunk:

So you're looking forward to the party are ya?

We will have beer, wine and liquor -- children's birthdays with our friends is just an excuse for all us parents to get together and drink

Very true :)

Nice! Not many kids coming to the party Saturday, but are first birthdays ever for the kid?

We will have beer, wine and liquor -- children's birthdays with our friends is just an excuse for all us parents to get together and drink

abso fricking lutley........My family celabrates all occasions, births,deaths, Christmas, circumcisions, 4th of July, 5th of July etc etc etc..

Christmas night, we (my wife, daughter and me) will host a Family Christmas party. A long standing tradition of about 50-60 years started by my parents. This year Christmas falls on a Wednesday, so we'll probably only 35-50 people. When it falls on a weekend, ad 20-30 more.

abso fricking lutley........My family celabrates all occasions, births,deaths, Christmas, circumcisions, 4th of July, 5th of July etc etc etc..

Christmas night, we (my wife, daughter and me) will host a Family Christmas party. A long standing tradition of about 50-60 years started by my parents. This year Christmas falls on a Wednesday, so we'll probably only 35-50 people. When it falls on a weekend, ad 20-30 more.

Seriously? That is a lot of people. You are a better man than me. Pretty cool stuff though...

Seriously? That is a lot of people. You are a better man than me. Pretty cool stuff though...

Yep, its insane. After my wife and bought my family homestead, we started the parties after a 2 year layoff while my mom was sick. !st year i think there was 75 people. We still have friends of my parents who come, they're in their 80s. most of the older people stop by for a short time, have a glass of wine or beer and take off. If it falls on a weekend and people don't have to go to work, i have had them there as late as 4-5am the next morning..

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's still "early", but eventually we're gonna have to start cashing in on these good tracks, and decent moisture.

To be honest, for areas south of Pgh, this winter so far has been dogsh*t.

I mean we've done ok here in the burgh, but at the same time we've missed out on just as much as we've gotten.

Come on winter, sh*t or get off the pot.  lol

moved this from our regular thread to try and keep it clean

I  saw this last night on Facebook. This is the &hit that gets people fired up.

"Guys and Gals of York Fire Wire.... all the models are now in general agreement of a major significant snow storm for the Thursday Friday time frame please stay tuned for further details and updates tonight and in the coming days we are wat...ching this around the clock and monitoring all new data and trends in the models as they come in this has the potential to be near blizzard conditions if the models verify at this time this storm should not be taken lightly and actions and plans should be in place by tomorrow for your Thursday and Friday this is just one model showing the conditions and amount of snowfall the small lines indicate wind and the more lines and tighter together they are the windier it is which will allow near blizzard conditions. If you are traveling further north east towards New York City you will most likely definitely be in blizzard conditions please use extreme caution in planning anything for Thursday Friday time frame as this storm has the possibility of being a major winter storm. Please stay tuned for more updates (WX2) This Model shows York in a solid 12" +++ Event.See More" at S&S Storm Chasing and Forecasting Team.
1479515_384523688351134_2071824855_n.png

I've now seen this group and another group (Eastern PA weather authority or something) hype this storm to the extreme all over two runs of the EURO. This pisses me off. Not only are they providing bad forecasts, but they are making forecasters look awful with every bust and overhyped forecast. These people forecast like middle schoolers do when they want snow days!

Archived