Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Banter Thread

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Max , our 120 Labordoodle at the start of the snow yesterday! He loves it the snow

Labradoodles are cool dogs. I'd love to have one, but we already have a dog (black lab/border collie mix) and two cats. That's more than enough in this small house and postage stamp backyard.

Am I alone in thinking this shot of cold air is more impressive than the one from a few days ago?

It's more impressive than anything in a long time.  I mean when was the last time there were wind chills near -40° in Central PA?

I boiled some water this morning and threw it outside...worked flawlessly.

It's more impressive than anything in a long time. I mean when was the last time there were wind chills near -40° in Central PA?

Exactly. To me, getting subzero temps in January with clear skies, calm winds, and fresh snow is neat...but not extraordinary. To get subzero temps with howling winds and, for some of us, no snowcover is a different animal. I couldn't understand why a few yesterday were saying this past weekend was more impressive...it made no meteorological sense.

I boiled some water this morning and threw it outside...worked flawlessly.

Whoops...no worries.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about

1.)  Laid out a 1/4 mile driveway.  First box for me.

The house was back a 1/4 mile driveway.  To ensure the first engine in would have adequate water, we wrapped a 5" supply line around a large tree and drove the engine towards the house on fire.  As we continued driving in the hose dropped off the back and allowed the next engine to secure water for us.  Like this:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTkq9QgWLAE

Box = box alarm.  Lingo for a structure fire dispatch.  

2.)  started to get bubbly.  Was on the B side.

Fire was engulfing a tank of 300 gallons of home heating oil.  The oil heated up so much you could hear it expanding the tank and eventually the emergency relief value kicked in and started venting hot oil.  B side refers to the ''Bravo Side"  or left side of the house if you are looking at it from the front.

Never been there but I have been to Port Deposit and really enjoyed it.

It's worth a visit. There's a historic district with shopping, restaurants, antiques, a maritime museum, and a nice boardwalk promenade with sweeping views. Weather note: the promenade was destroyed in Isabel and rebuilt.

Whoops...no worries.

1.)  Laid out a 1/4 mile driveway.  First box for me.

The house was back a 1/4 mile driveway.  To ensure the first engine in would have adequate water, we wrapped a 5" supply line around a large tree and drove the engine towards the house on fire.  As we continued driving in the hose dropped off the back and allowed the next engine to secure water for us.  Like this:  

Box = box alarm.  Lingo for a structure fire dispatch.  

2.)  started to get bubbly.  Was on the B side.

Fire was engulfing a tank of 300 gallons of home heating oil.  The oil heated up so much you could hear it expanding the tank and eventually the emergency relief value kicked in and started venting hot oil.  B side refers to the ''Bravo Side"  or left side of the house if you are looking at it from the front.

You Boyz's be safe!! That was my career for 28 years....retired now. That house is the meaning of fully envolved!!

Archived