• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Banter Thread

That was you? Lulz

Yeah. I just posted Weather for Dummies on the shared article on york fire wire. It is now my personal mission for the next little bit to troll these people as hard as possible. 

If they're right, I'll have enough snow to build a hundred bridges with for the next round... 

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I guessed, it is a bunch of kids. From their website:

S&S Storm Chasing and Forecasting Team is made up of professional storm chasers to student forecasters. 

After calling them out for their lack of professionalism, they deleted all of the argumentative posts.  :lol:  I hope they never intend to work for Accuwx, the NWS, TWC or any other weather service. They're burning bridges left and right.

One thing that used to piss off Jesse Ferrell at Accuweather was that I went out of my way to bash the kids on the AccuWx forums that referred to themselves as "Junior Meteorologists". This one kid would post on a forum, no less similar than ours as if he was doing a write-up for his own blog or weather service that would charge you to access.

This kid wrote HUGE 400 word posts in the same way that Steven DiMartino at NYNJPAWeather.com or the WeatherBell guys do, but on a forum where I could quote his entire post and respond with "And your mom loves when my balls bounce off her chin.".

They didn't like that.

But, seriously, what is a "Junior Meteorologist"? Oh, you're just a kid who likes weather and knows just enough to impress your peers at school with your knowledge? Okay, cool. But on the internet you're just another one. Don't make yourself out to be anything special.

Besides, when you stand next to Zachary Labe (blizzard92), who I believe has been doing this on a close-to-professional level since he was like 13, to the point that when wunderground posted his picture and outed him as a kid and not the school teacher many of us thought he was, we were shocked, you just look DUMB.

</rant>

One thing that used to piss off Jesse Ferrell at Accuweather was that I went out of my way to bash the kids on the AccuWx forums that referred to themselves as "Junior Meteorologists". This one kid would post on a forum, no less similar than ours as if he was doing a write-up for his own blog or weather service that would charge you to access.

This kid wrote HUGE 400 word posts in the same way that Steven DiMartino at NYNJPAWeather.com or the WeatherBell guys do, but on a forum where I could quote his entire post and respond with "And your mom loves when my balls bounce off her chin.".

They didn't like that.

But, seriously, what is a "Junior Meteorologist"? Oh, you're just a kid who likes weather and knows just enough to impress your peers at school with your knowledge? Okay, cool. But on the internet you're just another one. Don't make yourself out to be anything special.

Besides, when you stand next to Zachary Labe (blizzard92), who I believe has been doing this on a close-to-professional level since he was like 13, to the point that when wunderground posted his picture and outed him as a kid and not the school teacher many of us thought he was, we were shocked, you just look DUMB.

</rant>

Nothing is worse than a long post of complete nonsense punctuated by model maps that are obviously being misread.

Yep, I saw that too, called all extended family members and coworkers and then posted it on Facebook.

Awesome. They are so much more better than the national weather stupiders. I love them so much. I asked them to father my kids but they said they were too busy fathering snow so I'm ok with having to find someone else.

57x10^93 cubits, but due to the sharp cutoff caused by excessive h2o stored in tanks in the area, it could be a whiff. They aren't sure yet, waiting on the 37z Zambian.

I'm a water hauler by profession. If I haul a few truckloads of that excess h2o out of there, will my chances for snow increase?

Archived