Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Banter Thread

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How'd you all do up here the last two events? I picked up 7.5" on Sunday and 3.6" yesterday.

May hang out in this forum the next time it snows and DC misses out. People don't take too kindly to others getting snow when they get nothing in the MA forum now-a-days

1.25" snow and about a .10 ice on Sunday. Yesterday was a Trace.

you can post with us anytime!

Yesterday's storm seemed to hit PA better than NMD, while we did better on Sunday. So it all evened out nicely.

I was on the good side both times :)

I didn't say much in the other forum for obvious reasons, but yesterday was an awesome hit and I got my final postponed at the last second (speaking of which, MU screwed the pooch by not taking it more seriously in the beginning)

We had 7 Sunday and 5.9 yesterday. Been a wild week. It looks like the arctic around here, but after the last 2 winters it is welcome and missed! Mapgirl where in Parkton do you live? We are about 7 miles ne off Shrewsbury exit 4. I sometimes take the Parkton exit or Md line exit to cut home on the back roads. If there is an accident I even take Exit 31 Middletown and cut to New Freedom that way. So we are practically neighbors, eventhough for some my location is on another planet LOL!

I didn't say much in the other forum for obvious reasons, but yesterday was an awesome hit and I got my final postponed at the last second (speaking of which, MU screwed the pooch by not taking it more seriously in the beginning)

i saw the news last night, the ones who they interviewed seemed excited the final was rescheduled. The footage of the campus looked awesome.

Yeah... things seem to be a bit testy down there. Which I do understand... but sucks to feel like people are mad at you because you are getting snow and they are not.

We had 7 Sunday and 5.9 yesterday. Been a wild week. It looks like the arctic around here, but after the last 2 winters it is welcome and missed! Mapgirl where in Parkton do you live? We are about 7 miles ne off Shrewsbury exit 4. I sometimes take the Parkton exit or Md line exit to cut home on the back roads. If there is an accident I even take Exit 31 Middletown and cut to New Freedom that way. So we are practically neighbors, eventhough for some my location is on another planet LOL!

I'm actually on York Rd, so if you take the Parkton exit to York and go north, you drive past my house!

We do a lot of shopping up in Shrewsbury, I like the Walmart there better than down in Cockeysville. Plus its a shorter drive. People in PA are very nice compared to us MDers.

Yeah... things seem to be a bit testy down there. Which I do understand... but sucks to feel like people are mad at you because you are getting snow and they are not.

I'm actually on York Rd, so if you take the Parkton exit to York and go north, you drive past my house!

We do a lot of shopping up in Shrewsbury, I like the Walmart there better than down in Cockeysville. Plus its a shorter drive. People in PA are very nice compared to us MDers.

We may be nicer people but you have better roads!

i worked on that Walmart years ago :)

Ended up with 5" yesterday, and the best part was right around sunrise when it was coming down at 2"/hour. 

Nice! You did better than me, rates weren't nearly as good as Sunday's at my place.

We may be nicer people but you have better roads!

Amen to that... whats up with the very short ramps to highways?

i worked on that Walmart years ago :)

Small world :)

i saw the news last night, the ones who they interviewed seemed excited the final was rescheduled.

Yeah, I had an 8am final but in the middle of the test my professor was kind enough to postpone it (that's when MU decided to call off the finals from 10am to 2pm). Others with 8am finals weren't as lucky and were understandably really pissed off.

The footage of the campus looked awesome.    

It was an incredible scene and felt like a perfect December day.

post-1069-0-87575500-1386779335_thumb.jp

post-1069-0-13511400-1386779349_thumb.jp

post-1069-0-83708100-1386779363_thumb.jp

In PA, we don't know how to merge! We just come off the ramp right onto the interstate, we don't care if traffic is going 70mph or not! We also normally don't look for on coming traffic either and most days we are texting or talking on our cell phones! We don't ride the ramps to the end then cut into traffic regardless if there's a place to merge or not.

Damn you, MD'ers!

fixed

Sweet pics, Fozz!!

Neff, oh please. PA drivers aren't any better... I mean, you know they are just big rigs right? They won't hurt you if you pull out from behind them, speed up, then get back over in front of them. No need to drive in the left lane doing 55 mph :P

As a professional commuter (it's my second job, but I do it for free), it's common everywhere, even in MD where holding your phone is now a primary offense.

hands free! I take that law very seriously... my phone is usually at the bottom of my purse never to find while driving lol

Sweet pics, Fozz!!

Neff, oh please. PA drivers aren't any better... I mean, you know they are just big rigs right? They won't hurt you if you pull out from behind them, speed up, then get back over in front of them. No need to drive in the left lane doing 55 mph :P

You do know that "83" is the name of the interstate, and not the speed limit, don't you?

Archived