Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Banter Thread

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do find it fascinating how each subforum seems to have it's own unique..."culture." I love to hang out in the Mid Atlantic thread because of 2 main reasons; one, they do have some great posters. I mean...is there anyone better than Wes on the entire board? And two, the entertainment factor is off the charts. Some truly funny people down there. It's like a daily real life soap opera.

I do find it fascinating how each subforum seems to have it's own unique..."culture." I love to hang out in the Mid Atlantic thread because of 2 main reasons; one, they do have some great posters. I mean...is there anyone better than Wes on the entire board? And two, the entertainment factor is off the charts. Some truly funny people down there. It's like a daily real life soap opera.

For sheer guilty pleasure entertainment, nothing beats the New England forum. It's The Surreal Life of online weather forums. 

Sweet pics, Fozz!!

Neff, oh please. PA drivers aren't any better... I mean, you know they are just big rigs right? They won't hurt you if you pull out from behind them, speed up, then get back over in front of them. No need to drive in the left lane doing 55 mph :P

hands free! I take that law very seriously... my phone is usually at the bottom of my purse never to find while driving lol

The MD/PA driver war has gone on for years. My family used to go to Caledonia State Park all the time and once back in the mid-70s when I was a kid, some MD guy overheard a PA person say "look at that MD plate, those people don't know how to drive and should stay in their own damn state." Next thing you know they were fighting. My dad helped break it up. 

One thing that makes me insane when I visit family about 83...when you are merging onto the highway, you have to yield. I will always move to the left lane if there is room, but when there's a truck or something over there, I can't. I just was down there for Thanksgiving and nearly got into an accident because a person was trying to force himself onto the road. Plus I had a person behind me tailgating.  

And let's call tailgating what it is. Threatening to kill someone if you don't do what you want them to do. 

Come to Harrisburg and take a drive south to York on 83. You have to EXIT to stay on the interstate. PennDOT engineers are dumber than dirt.

At least on 83 you technically stay on a limited access highway. Now Breezwood, where you have to actually exit I-70 and take a local road (US-30) to get back on the interstate a quarter mile away is just nuts....

Speaking of Alaska, do you know how cool it is to stand outside on a July day when it is 80 degrees and there is snow all around you on the mountains?

I experienced this in southern Arizona. Some of the peaks around Fort Huachuca were anywhere from 7000 to 10000 ft MSL. They were snow covered in the winter while it was 70 degrees on base.

a friend of mine from college is currently living in Alaska... his pictures of the snow and auroras are incredible

It really is a place you have to see to believe. My wife was read to move on the spot. Kind of cool to watch kids riding their bikes in Anchorage around the city at 1am...in broad daylight.

Then again...it can be a dark, depressing place this time of year. We were told the suicide rate is very high as a lot people go into depression with the endless nights during winter.

the yield signs on the 81/83 on ramps are also optional according to drivers in the area

You drive across the Wade Bridge to go to work? During the rehab of the bridge was the worst! The put stop signs at the end of the on ramps because of the narrowed and or closed lanes it was tight. Very rare anyone stopped. I would drive in the 1st lane, i would never get over and allow the oncoming traffic in, hell if you got over they wouldn't let you back in. after i missed the Enola exit twice and had to drive out to Wertzville road and back in, i said screw.

Yep. Our first.

congrats!

Archived