Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Banter Thread

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I miss the days when big snowstorms would have big QPF shields, and we wouldn't always have to sweat sharp cutoffs which we always wind up on the wrong side of.

I agree man, I hate these little "banding" and  "forcing bologna. I want a PD 2003 or Valentines Day 2007 type precip. field. Where have those days gone?

Ha. Leading up to PD II, PSUHazleton would complain about yet another storm hitting the LSV, Wmsptwx would posting non stop about dry air, and the GFS not bringing the storm north of the M/D line until 24 hours before would be the main focus. 

Then after, Wmsptwx would post that he guesses that 11" is okay, but it just hurts so much that once again the LSV gets the bullseye and how the winter is just okay. PSUHazleton would echo the same. See below:

02_17_2003.gif

Then in the VD storm, there was wailing and whining about sleet, even up here. Jm1220 was flipping out, for example.

I know you guys. Too well :D

PS Those days of storms with no banding and just a solid area of precip exists only in one place: your mind.

Also school was closed 2 days plus a 2 hr delay for that event so it must have been more than shown.

No, it wasn't more than shown. These days, that's about right for a foot of snow.

One thing to keep in mind; all of our weather memory, including my own, is often inaccurate. Data will always, ALWAYS trump memory.

Yes they need to find him fast before he strikes again. I hope when they find him they hang em by their balls. Their is no reason for this violence!

They need to find this 81 shooter. Looks like he might have struck again. My one friend on Facebook shared her friends status that he was shot at this morning in Hagerstown, then just about an hour ago some car was shot at and broke the back window on 81 in Chambersburg.

No, it wasn't more than shown. These days, that's about right for a foot of snow.

One thing to keep in mind; all of our weather memory, including my own, is often inaccurate. Data will always, ALWAYS trump memory.

Pics coming from my measuring board lol should have them when I get back from my sisters. It was roughly 15 to 16.

Pics coming from my measuring board lol should have them when I get back from my sisters. It was roughly 15 to 16.

Look at the Luzerne County measurements. Ranged from 11 to 17. Based on what you've said before that it doesn't snow at your location, I assumed it you go the low numbers. And there is just no way there wouldn't have been bitching. It's the bad end of the double-edged sword of having the Internet for us weather people. In the past, if I am one of those who got 11" in Luzerne I likely wouldn't have known that York County got 30", so I wouldn't have cared.

Plus the idea that PD II was this widespread storm without gradients or bands is just isn't true. Our buddy in Clearfield didn't do so well. Just imagine how pissed PotterWx would have been. Look at that sharp gradient...it was crazy.

Ok I agree lol just giving u a hard time :) lol

You bastard.

:hug:

BTW, I am going to break it all to you now, but forget Feb. 18 as a snowstorm date. I dreamed Thursday night we got a monster snowstorm, all of us, on that date. Whenever I dream about a snowstorm and I know the exact date as part of the dream, they never happen. Edgar Cayce, I am not.

I loved PD2. My notes are at work , but i think i had 32", it stopped and we got a couple more inches.

I had 24" with that one. 

I came to work this morning and looked at what notes i had. i have 32" marked down for February 16/17 and then 4" more on From pm on the 17th into the 18th.

look in the NE corner of Cumberland County there is a 31" i guess a spotter reported

post-1291-0-71345900-1390825817_thumb.gi

They need to find this 81 shooter. Looks like he might have struck again. My one friend on Facebook shared her friends status that he was shot at this morning in Hagerstown, then just about an hour ago some car was shot at and broke the back window on 81 in Chambersburg. 

Turns out it was a 16 year old kid that stole a car and gun from Mifflinsburg and was headed south on 81, got pulled over by a cop for driving outside a lane and he shot a .22 at the cop. Cop returned fire but the kid wasn't injured and arrested.

It was not related to the earlier homicide in that general area. It's always a good idea to live out Grand Theft Auto in real life.

I had 28" from that storm.

It seemed like it snowed for 4 days straight.

At the time of that storm, we lived in the house i built, it was on a dead end up on the hill with a long driveway, which i always just hand shoveled. When i came home on the Friday before PD2 my wife was standing at the top of our hill in the driveway with a big smile as she went and bought me a snow blower. It got a big work out on that storm.

It seemed like it snowed for 4 days straight.

At the time of that storm, we lived in the house i built, it was on a dead end up on the hill with a long driveway, which i always just hand shoveled. When i came home on the Friday before PD2 my wife was standing at the top of our hill in the

driveway with a big smile as she went and bought me a snow blower. It got a big work out on that storm.

You know, for some reason I remember less about this storm than pretty much any other of the big ones going all the way back to the 70s. It might be because it did snow for so long...at one point I remember one computer run giving us upwards of 40", but that didn't happen.

Archived