• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA Banter Thread

And what is it with so many people in other subforums "expecting" a KU storm in the next 2 weeks? Aren't they called KU for a reason? The past 2 decades have spoiled a ton of people...expectations are way too high. It's much more likely to get a 3"-6" or 4"-8" type of event, but there are some that look past that and want a grand slam every year...

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not liking the fact that Larry Johnson is now a Buckeye. Big time recruiting war ensuing between LJ and Franklin...[/quote

I'm miffed with LJ. Pure spite move and nothing else.]

You have to understand, to these guys, it's their career and they are not fans, nor should they be. They have to do what's best for their career, like any other university employee. 

The worst are those who have left PSU for other jobs and still b**ch about LJ Sr. and BOB leaving. That includes a few people I used to work with. They really need to STFU, stat. Hypocrisy can make one look plain horrible. 

You have to understand, to these guys, it's their career and they are not fans, nor should they be. They have to do what's best for their career, like any other university employee. 

Right. Not to mention, tOSU's line could use some work, and LJ will now be involved in a team that could very well be a national title contender very soon.

As much as I hate tOSU, I can't fault the guy for going there.

Let me just add that I don't blame LJ at all...merely saying that as a PSU fan, it stings. I hope he does well.

It does sting from the recruiting aspect, (just lost the verbal from Holley to Fla) but JF is trying to bring in possibly the best recruiter in the ACC.   LJ was possibly the most hated recruiter out there by OSU fans.  We'll see how their tune changes...

@coachingsearch.com

Penn State: Don't be surprised if Virginia assistant Chip West emerges as defensive backs coach at Penn State. Per source, Franklin has reached out to West, who is ranked by 247Sports as the ACC's top recruiter.

Johnson leaving sucks, but Franklin has a ton of Mid-Atlantic experience and exposure so losing him may not hurt if Franklin and his staff can do well in DC/NOVA like Johnson did. If they get Chip West -- they're likely to be even better off.

Larry Johnson is 62-years-old. Even the best recruiters will eventually have a hard time "connecting" with kids. Father-figure or not.

Plus any kid worth his salt knows that Urban Meyer is a snake oil salesman and will avoid that place like the plague.

Johnson leaving sucks, but Franklin has a ton of Mid-Atlantic experience and exposure so losing him may not hurt if Franklin and his staff can do well in DC/NOVA like Johnson did. If they get Chip West -- they're likely to be even better off.

Larry Johnson is 62-years-old. Even the best recruiters will eventually have a hard time "connecting" with kids. Father-figure or not.

Plus any kid worth his salt knows that Urban Meyer is a snake oil salesman and will avoid that place like the plague.

Urban swiped up the core of our recruiting class two years ago. Kids want to win titles and they know he and OHST is their best chance in this region. I can only hope that Franklin can keep up what he and his staff pulled at vandy. That being said, the guy replacing LJ up here is supposed to be no slacker - Sean Spencer. Check out some of the gameday clips from Vanderbilt's channel on YT, especially from the 2013 Music City Bowl.

Urban swiped up the core of our recruiting class two years ago. Kids want to win titles and they know he and OHST is their best chance in this region. I can only hope that Franklin can keep up what he and his staff pulled at vandy. That being said, the guy replacing LJ up here is supposed to be no slacker - Sean Spencer. Check out some of the gameday clips from Vanderbilt's channel on YT, especially from the 2013 Music City Bowl.

Yeah, he sure isn't. 

We Are...

anyhow, my opinon on LJ is this...good bye, thank and good luck. i don't understand why everyone is pissed? LJ has to do whats best for him. He needs to get out and about to gain experience. Its his career.

- Franklin really wanted LJ on his staff. However, LJ is Butt hurt and left. LJ is not HC material at this time, he doesn't have the experience. Was a he a loyal soldier? Yes. Was he a good position coach, Yes. was he a good mentor? Yes. was he well liked by his players? Not all of them. All these doesn't make a HC, sorry!

- Holley was a soft commit

- Franklin and his staff will surprise you on recruiting. They recruited like 23-24 4 star recruits the past couple years, which was about 10 more then the recruiting wizzard LJ. Vandy had players from 21 different states.

- They say his resource list is miles long, throughout the midAtlantic, Cali, Fla etc areas where State wasn't known to it hard.

- Spence is the real deal, we will not miss a beat with him as DL coach. Go search how succesful his DL was in the SEC.

I started a facebook blog to follow the "mid atlantic" winter weather threats as well as post storm updates or any interesting stuff I find.  You can find it under Hoffman's Mid Atlantic Winter Weather Page.  I would love feedback and suggestions, as well as comments and contributions to the discussions.   

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hoffmans-Mid-Atlantic-Winter-Weather-Page/1832999580172146

I started a facebook blog to follow the "mid atlantic" winter weather threats as well as post storm updates or any interesting stuff I find.  You can find it under Hoffman's Mid Atlantic Winter Weather Page.  I would love feedback and suggestions, as well as comments and contributions to the discussions.   

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hoffmans-Mid-Atlantic-Winter-Weather-Page/1832999580172146

i'm on

Great idea, will keep an eye on it! :)

I'll only join if you promise to publish maps showing 12-16" of snow for the next event and make fun of CTP for issuing 2-4".

Great idea, will keep an eye on it! :)

Thanks, just started it today at my GF's request, I think she wants me to actually do something with all the time I "waste" following the weather.  Hopefully the blog can improve over time.  Anyone that wants to contribute, post comments, add links, maps, or graphics they think other would appreciate please do. 

PS...the GF is pretty awesome, last year she storm chased with me into the CT blizzard, then helped me dig the car down an exit ramp to our hotel when we got stuck, all without complaining or saying I was crazy. 

I'll only join if you promise to publish maps showing 12-16" of snow for the next event and make fun of CTP for issuing 2-4".

+1

Thanks, just started it today at my GF's request, I think she wants me to actually do something with all the time I "waste" following the weather.  Hopefully the blog can improve over time.  Anyone that wants to contribute, post comments, add links, maps, or graphics they think other would appreciate please do. 

PS...the GF is pretty awesome, last year she storm chased with me into the CT blizzard, then helped me dig the car down an exit ramp to our hotel when we got stuck, all without complaining or saying I was crazy. 

If she drinks beer, she's a keeper!

Archived