Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Banter Thread

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feel free to get your laughs in, but yes, I'm a game show nerd. :lol: I watch The Price is Right/Jeopardy/Wheel almost every day in addition to even the classics.

I used to watch Jeopardy and Wheel a lot.

Some of the older game shows were really cool.

This is about my favorite podcast, love Marc Maron, funny comic: http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episodes/episode_427_-_monty_hall

Anyway, while he usually talks to comics but there he interviews Monty Hall. What's cool about it and might be of interest to you, along with the game show stuff, is the fact that early in his career Hall was the color commentator for the New York Rangers. I didn't know this, but he could have been a household name as a sports announcer, especially in Canada for hockey.

I used to watch Jeopardy and Wheel a lot.

Some of the older game shows were really cool.

This is about my favorite podcast, love Marc Maron, funny comic: http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episodes/episode_427_-_monty_hall

Anyway, while he usually talks to comics but there he interviews Monty Hall. What's cool about it and might be of interest to you, along with the game show stuff, is the fact that early in his career Hall was the color commentator for the New York Rangers. I didn't know this, but he could have been a household name as a sports announcer, especially in Canada for hockey.

I grew up on those three - when I was born, my mom said she had TPiR on in her hospital room, which is where she believes my love for game shows came from. I remember how I used to watch Price before PM Kindergarten (those were the days :lol: ) with Bob Barker, Rod Roddy, and the old models - and Wheel/Jeopardy would be on before I went to bed. Fun times :thumbsup:

Game Show Network still airs Match Game and some of Dick Clark's Pyramid shows, in addition to a few other classics. They have an original show I really love which they imported from the UK called The Chase.

Anyway, I had read that a few months ago about Monty. On that note, guy is still doing good for his age - he was on the current Let's Make a Deal last year to celebrate the show's 50th anniversary, and he's still got it (I believe he's 91).

Just finished cutting up the limb that we lost on our maple and noticed that there's another limb leaning on the neighbor's electrical line. Looks like I'll be placing a call to PPL tomorrow to ask them to remove that limb, and another round of begging them to chop down the tree.

At this point, most of the limbs are on one side, it's leaning towards the utility lines/street and looks like it is rotting from the inside out. There are several cavities in the trunk and the limb that fell into the yard was hollow inside. I hate to lose a 90 year old tree but it's become apparent that if it's not removed sooner rather than later, it's going to cause some damage.

If I can get them here, maybe I can get them to cut down the neighboring dogwood which is lopsided and rather ugly. That would open up the front yard to wider landscaping possibilities.

I am in charge of snow removal at our building, which includes cleaning all the trucks off and have them ready for the drivers. Recently i found this product just on a quick search, it is by far the best thing i ever spent money on. i bought a couple to try them and in anticipation of the next storm, i ordered a bunch more. Some may think its pricey, but it is well worth it.

http://www.angelguardproducts.com/commercial/proedge

I hope it turns to rain and f(u)cks everyone.  It's pathetic, absolutely pathetic what the field of meteorology has become in this country.  The mob and media hype and cry over everything.  The newbs with their flashy Facebook pages get more respect and attention than degreed meteorologists with years of experience and knowledge in atmospheric science.  People on this board hug / kill the models depending on whether or not it shows the best or worst solution for their back yard.  Time for me to leave for awhile.  

I'm going to be honest -- the bitching and moaning in the thread lately is getting to be a turn-off. I mean, Jesus, some of you guys seem to go the f(u)ck out of your way to cry about how I-95 and Lancaster and York and Baltimore are ALWAYS bullseyed while you're sitting around watching sunshine beam off some hot blonde's ass as if your corner of Central Pennsylvania were Miami Beach year f(u)cking round.

Oh, so the NAM went east? Cry me a ****ing river. There are greater tragedies in the world. In the time it's taken me to type this sentence, twenty-seven people in Pennsylvania alone have just died. Think about that. I'm spewing butthurt over the internet about butthurt on the internet and twenty-seven other unlucky mother****ers just drew finality. Wah fur du.

Fact: Statistics have shown that Central Pennsylvania gets around one double-digit snowfall a decade. You're acting as if you're going to bomb an orphanage if we don't get one every week.

We talk about how the NYC boards and the Mid-Atlantic boards are hell on interwebs because of the weenie suicides. Maybe we just notice it more there because there's a larger number? Maybe we have more weens per capita?

Maybe I'm just in need of a drink.

I'm going to be honest -- the bitching and moaning in the thread lately is getting to be a turn-off. I mean, Jesus, some of you guys seem to go the f(u)ck out of your way to cry about how I-95 and Lancaster and York and Baltimore are ALWAYS bullseyed while you're sitting around watching sunshine beam off some hot blonde's ass as if your corner of Central Pennsylvania were Miami Beach year f(u)cking round.

Oh, so the NAM went east? Cry me a ****ing river. There are greater tragedies in the world. In the time it's taken me to type this sentence, twenty-seven people in Pennsylvania alone have just died. Think about that. I'm spewing butthurt over the internet about butthurt on the internet and twenty-seven other unlucky ***********s just drew finality. Wah fur du.

Fact: Statistics have shown that Central Pennsylvania gets around one double-digit snowfall a decade. You're acting as if you're going to bomb an orphanage if we don't get one every week.

We talk about how the NYC boards and the Mid-Atlantic boards are hell on interwebs because of the weenie suicides. Maybe we just notice it more there because there's a larger number? Maybe we have more weens per capita?

Maybe I'm just in need of a drink.

We average about one 10+ storm ever 5-6 years, and our last one was in March 2011.

Other than that, I hear ya, man. I hear ya.

while you're sitting around watching sunshine beam off some hot blonde's ass

Quite frankly.....I'd prefer to watch sunshine beam off a hot blonde's ass than track a snow storm, but that option won't be on the table until late May/early June. I have to admit though, I'm guilty of complaining at times, not as bad as some others, but I am.

amen.

Oh, so the NAM went east? Cry me a ****ing river. There are greater tragedies in the world. In the time it's taken me to type this sentence, twenty-seven people in Pennsylvania alone have just died. Think about that. I'm spewing butthurt over the internet about butthurt on the internet and twenty-seven other unlucky ***********s just drew finality. Wah fur du.

Maybe I'm just in need of 10 drinks.

that why i really didn't look at the forum last night like i do when i storm is incoming. instead i enjoyed some ice cold Pabst!

This storm could be the icing on the cake for a great winter so far! imo

Archived