Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Pre Thanksgiving Event Obs

mackerel_sky

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damaging tornadoes tonight in Carteret and possibly Onslow County. Apparently Carteret General Hospital and El's Drive In took a hit. Close to home and scary stuff.

Sounds like it was quite damaging.  6000 people without power.  Also, I noticed a straight line wind report of 77mph in Beaufort with that same storm.  It's going to be a long night at the beach with storms like that rolling through.

Sounds like it was quite damaging.  6000 people without power.  Also, I noticed a straight line wind report of 77mph in Beaufort with that same storm.  It's going to be a long night at the beach with storms like that rolling through.

They continue to roll in. Tornado warning for Pender Co now. Hope everyone is ok.

We just got hit with quarter to half dollar sized flakes for 20 minutes!!

Grass is coated and the car is covered! So worth staying up for!  :snowing:  :snowing:

:) sweet.   i am up like so-early-its-not-even-funny-on-day-off to see some flakes so hope it holds together thru ne ga lol.  made the  mistake of checking radar from my phone so of course as soon as i saw it no hope of going back to sleep lol.  it would be nice to have these events at more reasonable hours, but hey. this is the SE so we take what we can get :snowman:

Totally stoked. The size of the flakes was what really surprised me. Had me flashing back to the January 2011 storm with borderline +SN for about 5 minutes.

Good night and good luck to all hoping to see flakes!

lol thats great - how often do we get to put any dates in snow on the ground, esp in november :thumbsup:

Congrats to all who are seeing white this morning!

41 and rain here. I assume, when I check the bucket this morning I will have over 3" '!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ditto - its a race imby.  snow line is right at the backdoor, almost literally lol.  looks like snow in the western part of county. temps have been dropping since i have been up and its 34 and the winds are howling

Archived