Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Pre Thanksgiving Event Obs

mackerel_sky

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It snowed off and on between 9:00 AM and 12:30 PM IMBY.  There were occasional moderate snow showers, but mostly just light snow.  The temperature never fell below 35 F over that period, and the rates were not enough to overcome the "warm" ground.  Ergo, no accumulation for me, but I consider it quite the awesome Thanksgiving Eve day anyway.  This just whets my appetite for more wintery fun and games.  Can we get a storm for the history books this season?

I drove 30 minutes up to Opelika, AL to catch my sleet/flurry activity and it was so worth it!!! Wish I would have decided to head north in to Chambers County Alabama where they saw better snow rates, but oh well! I'm happy with what I saw and glad I mentioned it in my weathercast Sunday night, before the other local outlets said it.  :thumbsup:  My twitter handle is wxreese if you want to see a photo or two of the sleet on my car. haha 

It snowed off and on between 9:00 AM and 12:30 PM IMBY.  There were occasional moderate snow showers, but mostly just light snow.  The temperature never fell below 35 F over that period, and the rates were not enough to overcome the "warm" ground.  Ergo, no accumulation for me, but I consider it quite the awesome Thanksgiving Eve day anyway.  This just whets my appetite for more wintery fun and games.  Can we get a storm for the history books this season?

I know I'm ready for a "monster storm".  We haven't had one since 2002.  We're due!

I don't think I've ever seen three wintry events in November, so that is quite remarkable.

KATL's 0.4" of snow on 11/27/2013 was the first Nov. measurable snow there since the 0.6" of 1975! This makes it only the 4th measurable Nov. snow since 1890. The other two were in 1968 (1.0") and 1912 (2.2"). The 1912 event was pretty widespread over much of the SE US.

Archived