CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
December Pattern Disco- 2013

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man this is some gradient... has an icy look to it under those warmer H850 temps up this way.  Especially for those mid-slope elevations 1,000-3,000ft under the inversion.

But not often you can see >10C H85 temps in SNE and <0C across NNE

Even the 6z GFS isn't as bad a disaster as Blizz seems to be making it seem like at least NNE...though I haven't gone through the ECM yet.

It starts as snow on Friday and then goes to a long period of mixed up here, finally changing to rain at the end but its no torch.  I don't know if it would get above 40F on the 6z GFS.  The low level cold is flexing some muscle under the higher H85 temps.

Certainly wouldn't be pretty, but I think we may have something interesting out of this. 

Yes it's a gradient but let's call it what it is, an inland runner.

Who said it was a coastal?

This is still a gradient pattern, we are just on the wrong side of it at this time.  If ever there was a gradient pattern, this system seems like one with like 20C gradient over like VT/NH/ME, lol.

The Euro ensembles weren't as bad as 12z and the 06z GEFS went south too...so there's a chance we could still end up on the colder side of the boundary...we'll hope it ticks southeast again. Its not looking good, but at least the door is still open. It probably would have been shut if they stayed status quo or went NW further.

The Euro ensembles weren't as bad as 12z and the 06z GEFS went south too...so there's a chance we could still end up on the colder side of the boundary...we'll hope it ticks southeast again. Its not looking good, but at least the door is still open. It probably would have been shut if they stayed status quo or went NW further.

Yeah I didn't think the overnight runs were as bad at all. Still warm, but leaves the door open as you said.

All we can see is the the tip of Ray's nose thru the crack in the door.. Hopefully the crack widens and he doesn't turn into Pinocchio

Nice find Ginxy...fits with my mountain forecast right now...the set up seems to reek of ice.

You can see on that link how it has the bulk of the later precip as ZR with 850 temps above 0C but 925mb at -1C to -3C.

The highest SFC temp is 34F through the whole thing on the GFS. Snowpack cancel uncancel?

Archived