Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December Pattern Disco- 2013

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm telling you ..if it plays out as the 12Z GFS thinks, that 1032 arctic high in Quebec wins at the low levels. We'll be well dammed in and you won't move that air out easily. Ice storm looking very possible.

Yeah we're getting there. Closer each run and ens run. Cold press/ snowcover helping. Let's keep it trending

Yeah we're getting there. Closer each run and ens run. Cold press/ snowcover helping. Let's keep it trending

there's some pretty cold air in Eastern Canada, so hoping that can ooze south.  Also impressed by some of the cold this past week...I mean I'm 20 today with light powdery snow...very impressive this time of year...

The Charles River was frozen on the train ride into Boston today...at least the part near Back Bay. That was pretty shocking to see this early.

The Wilimantic River here  in my town is frozen over from bank to bank in quite a few spots. I have not seen this much ice on the river before in December.

Upper Bolton Pond and Middle Bolton Lake close to my house (El 740') are frozen over and snowcovered. 

Wide areas of the canal have a coating of ice and snow covered here. I just looked in the car its reading 8 degrees here now. I wanted Friday off but if there is any chance of ice from Albany north, that won't happen....I need the O/T for Christmas anyway.....Kalb looks like they are not sure where the transition line is, but are leaning heavily toward rain here in the valley From Friday through Sunday.... BTW, should someone start a thread for the Friday on storm?

Is that a change from before as far as getting it south of us initially?

Yeah on Saturday it was slightly further south, but it is no match for the phased storm to the west...it just overpowers it easily. We need the energy in the southwest not to phase like that, but its becoming more likely that it is going to.

Archived