wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
November 11-12 Cold Front/Lake Effect Rain/Snow

Thunder Road

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That last band should be into the heart of Chicago by 4:30 - just in time for rush hour.

LOT.N0Q.20131111.2146.gif

Congrats to everyone else that has seen accumulation today!

0.22" of water. I'll assume 0.10" of that was wet snow and rain, before it actually accumulated.

I'm here in valparaiso, Indiana tonight. Light snow continuing to fall here, but lake effect snow early tomorrow morning is what has me excited. Check out the lake superior connection the hrrr is showing. That will supercede any worry about dry air aloft and there should be a heck of a single band here on southern lake Michigan.

post-8696-0-02050600-1384208494_thumb.pn

Here in valpo we may be on the western end of the activity, but any meso low development (which are commonly seen in these single band events) will knock the band westward and give us a burst of snow.

Don't think anyone will get a ton of snow due to the likely transient nature of the band. But a widespread swath of 5-8 inches from valpo to south bend looks increasingly likely.

Got a quick coating of snow/ice here in Hancock. The side streets are very icy and so are the parking lots. Had to wear the boots with the Yaktraks on them due to it was very slick parking lot at work. Very little lake effect. Dry air and the not ideal wind direction is winning out. East of Marquette is getting hit harder with longer fetch. 

Archived