joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 11-12 Cold Front/Lake Effect Rain/Snow

Thunder Road

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About to board my flight to fly into ORD from San Antonio. Just got notice of possible delays due to snow moving in. Is it that bad yet?? Flight is scheduled to land at 4pm.

It will be snowy by then at ORD. Cold air is moving in quickly. Sub freezing here now.

Winter wonderland here. Few pics coming up. Probably about 0.3" on my board.

It is really chilly out there now!

This is about the earliest snowfalls I can remember with so many leaves on my silver maples yet.

post-7389-0-84914700-1384198856_thumb.jp

post-7389-0-30976300-1384198868_thumb.jp

Will be quite cold tonight with the little bit of snow.

Rain started here about an hour ago. Just finished up putting the bed salter in the back of the plow truck. Not looking for much here but with the nighttime lows of mid 20's I think some of the standing water might ice up overnight towards the am. Surface temps are much above freezing but beter safe than sorry.

-sn on 11/11/13 sounds like a good start to winter to me.

Nice pics Geos, congrats.

Plain rain still here. Surface temp has hovered around 40 all day and the dewpoint has actually been rising from below zero (29F) this morning to above freezing (36F) now.

Not encouragaing for snow. I'll be heading up on the escarpment tonight (Guelph) so there may be some flakes coming down there.

Tuanis is doing well with snow I see.

Very peaceful snowfall. Not snowing that hard, but there a lot of flakes coming down. Noticing snow sticking along the roads near the shoulders & grass.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/libertyville-snow?utm_campaign=ustre-am&utm_source=ustre-am&utm_medium=social

Upper 20s along the northern edge of the snow band.

Archived