Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Best movies with weather scenes

Ginx snewx

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Weatherman.....Nic Cage....I liked that movie....there's no hard core weather in it but they did a good job with that cold and dark wintry feel in Chicago thing.....not sure if it was real or not...could have been I guess....and there's this scene of him in a hotel room with a sat loop in the TV/monitor I think....big storm on it....

Twister is an all time great....just don't take the meteorology too seriously...I watch that movie every time it comes on TV. :lol:

At the time, it was pretty advanced tornado CGI.

That first scene gets me every time. I absolutely love it.

A bunch of chasers just sitting around killing time, listening to music, forecasting, waiting for the storms. Despite the fact that nothing is really happening in the scene, it always made me want to chase storms.

Just ignore the part when they frantically yell out the cap is breaking up the dry line and they pan to a fully mature supercell in the distance.

Speaking of Twister, if you have the dvd and put the commentary on they explain about the tornado coming out of fair weather clouds,"We just had a hard time keying in a better looking sky for some parts of the film" or something like that. Love that movie, even with it's kinda of crap writing I will watch it all the time. 

This is quite a different movie: http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/take-shelter-2011

About a man who keeps having dreams about an apocalyptic storm. Is he a prophet or is he losing his mind? Is he preparing his family for this storm or destroying his life? The storm dream sequences are not, of course, meteorologically correct but boy, are they intense. 

This is quite a different movie: http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/take-shelter-2011

About a man who keeps having dreams about an apocalyptic storm. Is he a prophet or is he losing his mind? Is he preparing his family for this storm or destroying his life? The storm dream sequences are not, of course, meteorologically correct but boy, are they intense. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH6By55ajIg

Love Story.

The scene where they build the snowman and toss the football around was shot during the March 29, 1970 storm. I'm at least 90% sure of that anyway. What did Boston have in that storm?

That was a classic wet late March snow capping a snowy week. I recall around 7-8 from that storm but it could have been slightly more. It was my first winter in Boston.

Archived