Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Best movies with weather scenes

Ginx snewx

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Home Alone with snow on the ground and cold in Chicago area. Never actually snowed verbatum though.

Another one was Its a Wonderful Life towards the end when he's about to jump off the bridge.

Actually...it snows in the final scene in Home Alone on Christmas morning. Nice big dendrites...the perfect kind of snow! A Christmas Story also has some nice snow scenes. 

Actually...while talking about Christmas movies...White Christmas does a good job of capturing the plight of weenies everywhere. Most of the movie the characters lament over the record breaking warmth and lack of snow...only for snow to miraculously fall at the end of the movie. Not a huge fan of the movie myself...but it's one of my wife's favorites. 

I should be ashamed, but Twister is one of my all-time favorite movies. I watch it at least a few times a year. And the thing is, I really don't know why. It's the most god-awful movie, the acting is cringe-worthy, and the meteorology is often hilariously wrong, but it's just a hell of a lot of fun. It's campy if you don't take it too seriously. Plus, even though it looks kinda goofy now, the CGI was pretty groundbreaking for its time.

I also like The Day After Tomorrow, though I rarely admit it. I guess I'm a sucker for terrible disaster movies. I liked Volcano and Dante's Peak, too.

I should be ashamed, but Twister is one of my all-time favorite movies. I watch it at least a few times a year. And the thing is, I really don't know why. It's the most god-awful movie, the acting is cringe-worthy, and the meteorology is often hilariously wrong, but it's just a hell of a lot of fun. It's campy if you don't take it too seriously. Plus, even though it looks kinda goofy now, the CGI was pretty groundbreaking for its time.

I also like The Day After Tomorrow, though I rarely admit it. I guess I'm a sucker for terrible disaster movies. I liked Volcano and Dante's Peak, too.

i think you are right, because they are all teriible lol. I admit that i like all those movies, but recognize that they are awful.

Archived