12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
November Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see Berk gave American a shout out. Just when I was feeling he was perhaps wrongly targeted on this one.... ahh, grudges.

Justin Berk, Meteorologist Maybe you guys should have added in your article that I don't endorse snow forecasts 10 days out. Since others had mentioned it... I threw in my two cents. That also included that the most important thing was watching the models behavior for a a lead into how it might do this season. There are good years and bad years... That is ALL in my post. So if you want to be considered legitimate journalists, then portray my comments accurately. It seems instead that you are trying to pick a fight or belittle my actions. Very disappointed in you. I am debating whether I share that with my readers, but that would publicly denounce you and I would like to try and not stoop to the level you did here and likely will follow on your American Weather forum.

The gist of Jason's post 100% correct. I didn't personally find JB's commentary today to be a big issue though.  If it's not him it's someone else and often someone else (and there were a lot of them on that stupid Euro run) with no caveats mentioned.  I'm not sure discussing a d10 model is inherently evil either. I mean.. we do it here all the time, though I suppose we are evil. 

FB pages are kinda silly. Holy sycophants batman.

I see Berk gave American a shout out. Just when I was feeling he was perhaps wrongly targeted on this one.... ahh, grudges.

The gist of Jason's post 100% correct. I didn't personally find JB's commentary today to be a big issue though.  If it's not him it's someone else and often someone else (and there were a lot of them on that stupid Euro run) with no caveats mentioned.  I'm not sure discussing a d10 model is inherently evil either. I mean.. we do it here all the time, though I suppose we are evil. 

FB pages are kinda silly. Holy sycophants batman.

Weather is serious bidness.

Weather is serious bidness.

I'm just constantly surprised how thin skinned a lot of mets are. I thought it was a job requirement not to be. If nothing else, the field is inherently argumentative as it is with all the competing forecasts etc. I'm not a met but I get plenty of people telling me I suck for stupid ****.  You just gotta ignore it and move on.

I'm just constantly surprised how thin skinned a lot of mets are. I thought it was a job requirement not to be. If nothing else, the field is inherently argumentative as it is with all the competing forecasts etc. I'm not a met but I get plenty of people telling me I suck for stupid ****.  You just gotta ignore it and move on.

Is it ego or being thin skinned or are they one in the same?  I think part of the problem with some mets/on-air personalities is that they don't like to be challenged.  It isn't that they get bent out of shape by being called terrible but hate when people they feel aren't at their level try to call them out for shoddy forecasts. 

It just seems that for some being bombastic is the only way they feel they can make a mark anymore.  It is fair to question just how dangerous it is to talk about 10 day stuff.  We being dumb hobbyists doing it is one thing.  Pros doing it when they know better is another.

Is it ego or being thin skinned or are they one in the same? I think part of the problem with some mets/on-air personalities is that they don't like to be challenged. It isn't that they get bent out of shape by being called terrible but hate when people they feel aren't at their level try to call them out for shoddy forecasts.

It just seems that for some being bombastic is the only way they feel they can make a mark anymore. It is fair to question just how dangerous it is to talk about 10 day stuff. We being dumb hobbyists doing it is one thing. Pros doing it when they know better is another.

I think insecurity leads to being thin skinned. Look at Wes. He puts his thoughts out there and when the one time per year he's wrong happens he just laughs it off and goes right back to thinking about fishing.

I'm not sure what disappoints me more:

1.  That everyone isn't watching THIS role in on the 12z GFS and immediately posting about it:

2.  That people have become "rational" and don't put stock in Day 7 GFS progs.

3. That we've been effed over enough in the last three winters that we default to the least favorable possible (i.e. most likely) scenario.

I'm not sure what disappoints me more:

1.  That everyone isn't watching THIS role in on the 12z GFS and immediately posting about it:

2.  That people have become "rational" and don't put stock in Day 7 GFS progs.

I think most are waiting for the 84 hour NAM to come on board before getting excited.

Archived