joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leaves seem to be a little later to fall this year. We have our first vacuum pickup on Thursday, and by then our maple is usually a good part down. Today I'm actually debating whether it is worth it to rake, or just mulch with the mower.

I put out a few bags this week, but the wind yesterday covered my lawn completely with leaves - mostly from the 70' beech in my neighbor's yard. And they're wet.

Ugh.

Leaves seem to be a little later to fall this year. We have our first vacuum pickup on Thursday, and by then our maple is usually a good part down. Today I'm actually debating whether it is worth it to rake, or just mulch with the mower.

I just mowed and mulched...still had to blow a good amount of leaves anyway...trees still full though...gonna be a long fall and early winter :(

Leaves seem to be a little later to fall this year.  We have our first vacuum pickup on Thursday, and by then our maple is usually a good part down.  Today I'm actually debating whether it is worth it to rake, or just mulch with the mower.

I had two maples drop a ton of leaves early when it was dry.  I'm waiting for the other 50% to fall now

Saw this little guy on my porch... Not sure if the brown area is considered wide or narrow. Yay to a maybe mild, maybe cold winter?? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383406529.223745.jpg

I sucked up so many of those things in my leaf mulcher a few years ago that I probably killed enough to keep them from giving us a good winter for another couple years.

Sorry.

:(

Saw this little guy on my porch... Not sure if the brown area is considered wide or narrow. Yay to a maybe mild, maybe cold winter?? attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1383406529.223745.jpg

Interesting, they look nothing like that here and in WV on the Greenbrier trail where I've been walking. More solid black with just a thin brown area behind the head.

Interesting, they look nothing like that here and in WV on the Greenbrier trail where I've been walking. More solid black with just a thin brown area behind the head.

Thus far, I've found 3 solid blacks this year around our house.  Not a hint of brown on them anywhere, which is unusual.  Also found a few with a thin to medium brown stripe too, which dashed my hopes for a micro-cataclysmic event here in NVA.  :snowing:

Anybody try to see the eclipse?

Yes. We are in Rehoboth for our annual Punkin Chunkin pilgrimage, and I got up early for a run and watched it. There was a pesky cloud bank right aliong the horizon, but once the sun got above that, a slice of the bottom of the sun was still eclipsed. There were a lot of folks out watching which was pretty cool, but I was surprised at how many were watching without eye protection. I saw it by looking at the reflection in the storefront windows along the boardwalk.

Archived