• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter Thread

H2O

I can't f'ing stand the short days.  I get home from work before 5:00, and even then it's still pretty much dark for a few weeks in the winter.

Yup.  I'm an early riser even on weekends, but not 6:30-6:45 early!

My middle kid wakes up by 7am every day.  every day.  7 days a week.  I blame her mother

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly! Look, I'm happy my daughter can sleep for that long, but when she is going to bed at 8pm... you can't expect me to do the same thing just so when she wakes at 6am, I'm refreshed. Sorry, I get a lot of stuff down when she goes to bed... so yeah, one extra hour would be fantastic.

6am will be tough - I'm not gonna lie.  Ours sleeps until 7:30-8:00 now, so we consider ourselves lucky.

My middle kid wakes up by 7am every day.  every day.  7 days a week.  I blame her mother

At least you know what's coming.

6am will be tough - I'm not gonna lie.  Ours sleeps until 7:30-8:00 now, so we consider ourselves lucky.

If she sleeps until 7, I consider myself lucky. But, I'm use to it by now. Plus, an early start to the day isn't that bad. Grocery shopping at 8am on a Sunday is actually pretty sweet. Not many people shopping for food at that time.

If she sleeps until 7, I consider myself lucky. But, I'm use to it by now. Plus, an early start to the day isn't that bad. Grocery shopping at 8am on a Sunday is actually pretty sweet. Not many people shopping for food at that time.

This is when i shop too.(most times i'm done before 8) Usually on Sundays i've done the weekly shopping and have Sundays paper read and at least 1 load of laundry before my chicks are up!

This is when i shop too.(most times i'm done before 8) Usually on Sundays i've done the weekly shopping and have Sundays paper read and at least 1 load of laundry before my chicks are up!

I'll have the laundry sorted and ready to go when I leave for the store, so the hubby can put it in for me while I'm gone.

So while I complain about being up early... I get a lot accomplished in my day

If it wouldn't make my neighbors so mad I could probably get all my yardwork done before 9am on the weekends.  My little early riser princess is to thank for that.

Ian has a point. Winter is great, but there's nothing like a big severe day in April or May.

I just seem to dislike winter more and more every year and I think it's mostly because of living in DC. Way more frustration than anything else.  

I just seem to dislike winter more and more every year and I think it's mostly because of living in DC. Way more frustration than anything else.  

you are showing signs of GOMS(grumpy old man syndrome) Soon you will be yelling at kids to get off a lawn regardless if it is your yard or not.

i have lived here all my life(sad) and I hate our summers more than our winters. Summers seem longer and hotter and that makes me GOMS a lot.

you are showing signs of GOMS(grumpy old man syndrome) Soon you will be yelling at kids to get off a lawn regardless if it is your yard or not.

i have lived here all my life(sad) and I hate our summers more than our winters. Summers seem longer and hotter and that makes me GOMS a lot.

I am a an old man trying not to be grumpy. I've gotten where I paradoxically like warmth more than cold but really like snowstorms so I put up with cold during winter.  Winters without snow a pretty much useless in my book.  I know Howard and Matt have a drastically different view which is OK. 

Actually, I'd happily settle for just plain November.  Today is a total yuck-fest.

My theory is that patterns are not forever.  Sometimes they last longer than we want them to, but eventually they change.  Why do we want cold on Nov 1.  Usually aren't going to get snow anyway.  Last year we had a solidly below November only to flip to solidly warm Dec and January.  I care little about the cold, or lack thereof before Thanksgiving.

I'll put up with today, and hope the weather turns our way come December.

I was born with GOMS I think. It's just getting worse now.

That reminded me of this I saw yesterday....Tom Petty and Garth were the funniest  :oldman:

My theory is that patterns are not forever.  Sometimes they last longer than we want them to, but eventually they change.  Why do we want cold on Nov 1.  Usually aren't going to get snow anyway.  Last year we had a solidly below November only to flip to solidly warm Dec and January.  I care little about the cold, or lack thereof before Thanksgiving.

I'll put up with today, and hope the weather turns our way come December.

Not asking for cold, or even snow, yet; just temps that aren't +15.  Something just completely wrong with sweat dripping while wearing shorts and a t-shirt while mowing the grass in November.  You're right about rather having greatly + departures now and not (hopefully) a month from now.  I'm going to be really pissed if I'm putting up my Christmas decorations wearing shorts and a t-shirt for the 3rd consecutive year.

Archived