Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Most liked winter weather term

Ginx snewx

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toaster bath has worked its way into my everyday lexicon. I love it.

CAD, and to follow that there is something that just looks pretty about the word glaze/glazing.

Oh, and bomb, bombing, or bombogenesis.

I like "nuke" as a substitute for bomb as well sometimes. I.E. "that system might redevelop into a mini nuke south of Long Island"

Except when that's preceded by "mixing with and changing to rain...."  :)

Ouch!  Now that I think about it, that's probably one of my most hated terms especially when it doesn't take geography into play.  Too many times I'll see a zone or PnC forecast using the CT/MA border for the divide between snow or "mixing with or changing to rain".  You click on a 1,000' contour within a few miles south of the border and it will read "mixing with or changing to rain" or the same forecast as 25 miles south of the border and then you click on a 500' contour a few miles north of the border and there's no mention of rain.  I know there's latitudinal differences and you have to draw a line somewhere but it still makes me cringe.

Ouch!  Now that I think about it, that's probably one of my most hated terms especially when it doesn't take geography into play.  Too many times I'll see a zone or PnC forecast using the CT/MA border for the divide between snow or "mixing with or changing to rain".  You click on a 1,000' contour within a few miles south of the border and it will read "mixing with or changing to rain" or the same forecast as 25 miles south of the border and then you click on a 500' contour a few miles north of the border and there's no mention of rain.  I know there's latitudinal differences and you have to draw a line somewhere but it still makes me cringe.

Have to be careful with the zones. They will average variables over the whole zone, so elevation always gets washed out.

Archived