12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
September weather discussion

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And AWT, it wavered again. Now euro is colder. Ensembles ticked cooler too, but not the oscillations the euro op has.

ens mean has me down around 2C. Not too shabby for early September. If that verified it's not too far off from those uber cold d10 runs that brought 0C to SNE/CNE.

I'm thinking they may end up just above for the month.

I agree if not just for normal now is like the new below normal, lol.

We were decently below normal until the last 5 days of August when overnight lows killed us and brought us back to normal.

All we need in September is like one week of moisture keeping mins up (at a climo time when they should be dropping) and we've seen that even the brief mild-ups can nuetralize the negative departures quickly.

I agree if not just for normal now is like the new below normal, lol.

We were decently below normal until the last 5 days of August when overnight lows killed us and brought us back to normal.

All we need in September is like one week of moisture keeping mins up (at a climo time when they should be dropping) and we've seen that even the brief mild-ups can nuetralize the negative departures quickly.

Yeah we have a good launch pad this week, and then later Saturday or Sunday might edge AN again.

What a crappy weekend for the beach lover's it's been.  Nasty sticky yesterday. 

Although Saturday night into Sunday morning the light show was amazing.  I drove out to the Albany area and back (5:30pm left here, and got back at about 2:30am Sunday), and it was just an amazing thing to see.   The lighting was all around me from the pike all the way home.  Was a weatherwiz dream out there.

Yeah we have a good launch pad this week, and then later Saturday or Sunday might edge AN again.

Yeah this is the type of stuff that really adds to positive departures without the benefit of getting a nice warm afternoon...bootleg ;). Average low is 51F. Yesterday and the day before had massivr overnight departures...two days ago was +14, now +16. The high two days ago was -1, lol. That's how we get these sneaky departures...if you just went by daytime temps you'd say, there's no way it was above normal, the high was only 70F.

Record Report

Statement as of 9:03 PM EDT on September 1, 2013

... Record high minimum temperature set at Montpelier VT...

A record high minimum temperature of 67 degrees was set at Montpelier

VT yesterday August 31st. This breaks the old record of 65 set in

2005... 1959... and 1958.

I hate this time of year. Period. Today is warm and humid. I agree that BOS will likely be AOA for September and October. November is the transition month.

How do you feel about April 22nd, at 42F with drizzle and slate gray skies, no snow left anywhere, no prospects for warmth on a modeling theme that features additional back-dooring out to the edges of time ... battling subversive angst and resentment in the general tone of posting because too many can't let go and admit to a winter long dead and gone. 

You got it good my friend -

Autumn ain't so bad.  We got potentials for entertainment from the weather: be it late heat, tropical systems, early cold and snow, and all the while the inevitability of the season that is preferred/coveted by the majority to descend into afterward.  

But nothing puts the kabosh on mirth like the daunting prospect of April dreariness.  Sorry.  

'Course, that's just me.  

How do you feel about April 22nd, at 42F with drizzle and slate gray skies, no snow left anywhere, no prospects for warmth on a modeling theme that features additional back-dooring out to the edges of time ... battling subversive angst and resentment in the general tone of posting because too many can't let go and admit to a winter long dead and gone. 

Autumn ain't so bad.  We got potentials for entertainment from the weather: be it late heat, tropical systems, early cold and snow, and all the while the inevitability of the season that is preferred/coveted by the majority to descend into afterward.  

But nothing puts the kabosh on mirth like the daunting prospect of April dreariness.  Sorry.  

'Course, that's just me.

Yeah I agree. Spring and Fall are sh*tty seasons. Fall for the loss of light and it being too soon for snow. Spring for reasons you illustrate.

November will be warm to start and cold to finish IMHO. December-February will be cold.

Nice...but personally I hope you are wrong, lol. I don't want below normal temps in the heart of winter. I'd take em in October and November to jump start winter, then roll into a like +1 regime during the meat of the winter...then back below normal in March/April, lol. That would keep the jet stream nearby without letting it escape too far south like into the mid-Atlantic, ha.

Autumn ain't so bad. We got potentials for entertainment from the weather: be it late heat, tropical systems, early cold and snow, and all the while the inevitability of the season that is preferred/coveted by the majority to descend into afterward.

But nothing puts the kabosh on mirth like the daunting prospect of April dreariness. Sorry.

'Course, that's just me.

The thing spring has on fall is the increasing daylight and affect that has on general mood of the public (ie catching spring fever)...but if you love snow and winter, there's nothing quite like the anticipation of winter.

Even Tip is starting to wax philosophically about winter incoming and seems to be looking forward to it more than spring and summer given the above post.

Think of all the great weather to discuss in the next six months...instead of in April when you are looking forward to a weenie hyping dew points (this summer we found out temps are largely irrelevant in summer, it's all about the dew apparently), and a bunch of failed thunderstorm days over the coming months.

The thing spring has on fall is the increasing daylight and affect that has on general mood of the public (ie catching spring fever)...but if you love snow and winter, there's nothing quite like the anticipation of winter.

Even Tip is starting to wax philosophically about winter incoming and seems to be looking forward to it more than spring and summer given the above post.

Think of all the great weather to discuss in the next six months...instead of in April when you are looking forward to a weenie hyping dew points (this summer we found out temps are largely irrelevant in summer, it's all about the dew apparently), and a bunch of failed thunderstorm days over the coming months.

That's really been the ear-mark characterization of this summer for where I am along Rt 2 in Mass - a major gigantic sh!t show turnout for thunderstorm.  I can't get over it!  we've had convetive cell after cell, come through with wind and heavy brief down pours, but there's some kind of anti electrical charge in the f atmosphere.

that's hyperbole speaking but I, for one, am ready for colorful leaves, the smell of fire wood, cider, hot totties, Sunday NFL, and that incredible clarity of air that can accompany those thickness' that allow snow grains in early November. 

And ... I could do without a society halting yardstick storm on Hollow ween .    I know there is not real statistical proof ... but for some reason it is difficult to resist thinking you are destined to taking the cosmic winter dildo all year if you dare get an early taste.   

In all seriousness, I didn't mean to wax philo on the ensuing winter in the first week of September.  Here ... yes, there, no -- that was just selling the case that Fall is not as bad as Spring.   

As far as the S.A.D. thing goes ... I've never sensed that, really.   Heh, I could probably live in Barrow just fine.  Provided there is a steady stream of nude woman, whiskey and cigars, I'm all set.

J/k.  

Welp, it was interesting to see the Euro in its personal battle between its raging extended range trough lust and the physics actually trying to make it warm for another stint...  GFS has that hinted strongly too.   

Yeah this is the type of stuff that really adds to positive departures without the benefit of getting a nice warm afternoon...bootleg ;). Average low is 51F. Yesterday and the day before had massivr overnight departures...two days ago was +14, now +16. The high two days ago was -1, lol. That's how we get these sneaky departures...if you just went by daytime temps you'd say, there's no way it was above normal, the high was only 70F.

Record Report

Statement as of 9:03 PM EDT on September 1, 2013

... Record high minimum temperature set at Montpelier VT...

A record high minimum temperature of 67 degrees was set at Montpelier

VT yesterday August 31st. This breaks the old record of 65 set in

2005... 1959... and 1958.

So it wasn't just me being a wimp complaining how uncomfortable it was last night?

Archived