• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September weather discussion

Ginx snewx

Well up until now, it seemed like dry weather and cool overnights were gonna help drop the oak leaves. The dry soils are really helping to drop the leaves here locally.

I saw a tweet from Tim Kelly that said this is a heavy heavy acorn year.  My cars are getting peppered in the driveway.

My first year with oaks. I hope they drop quickly and I'm not out raking leaves at Christmas.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw a tweet from Tim Kelly that said this is a heavy heavy acorn year. My cars are getting peppered in the driveway.

My first year with oaks. I hope they drop quickly and I'm not out raking leaves at Christmas.

Hes been wrong about everything. In CT there's virtually no acorns. I haven't had any fall in weeks. It's almost eerie

I saw a tweet from Tim Kelly that said this is a heavy heavy acorn year.  My cars are getting peppered in the driveway.

Huge acorn year for us after a couple of down years.  We've actually been watching the squirrels gnawing off the ends of small branches and letting them fall to the ground - some with acorns, some without.  Not quite sure what they are up to, but we almost need helmets to sit outside!

Ensembles are way warmer than the op run.

I feel like they have been for the last 7-10 days...and it looks like they will be right.

Euro ensembles FTW on this warmer pattern. They have a pretty warm CONUS pattern too through mid-month. No real arctic intrusions at all, so I wouldn't expect any early tastes of winter anywhere until we change the arctic pattern up in the N PAC.

Its good news for those who are scared of an October snow event though...no sign of anything like that through mid-month if ensembles have the right idea.

I feel like they have been for the last 7-10 days...and it looks like they will be right.

Euro ensembles FTW on this warmer pattern. They have a pretty warm CONUS pattern too through mid-month. No real arctic intrusions at all, so I wouldn't expect any early tastes of winter anywhere until we change the arctic pattern up in the N PAC.

Its good news for those who are scared of an October snow event though...no sign of anything like that through mid-month if ensembles have the right idea.

Yeah they did a real nice job sniffing the pattern out. Terrific job, actually. It's boring, but it is the only weather we got.

Awesome morning up here...40s and thick valley fog. 50 degrees and above the fog at the ski resort. Foliage is at peak.

Equally awesome are the Boston Bruins who are in Stowe for a few days. They were out drinking with us at the VT Ale House last night...my buddy has pics drinking with Marchand, Lucic, Bergeron, etc. Tukka Rask is awesome (and surprisingly skinny/small) and Chara is the quietest guy but huge. I also met Coach Julien earlier in the night and he's a pretty funny guy. They'll all be in town till at least tomorrow.

headed up to your territory this weekend - Belfast i think it is - early thoughts on fri PM - sun pm? 

i don't know the local climo up there too well. 

Climo pretty much involves fog.

I'm guessing that with the warm front ahead of the next low pressure that low clouds/fog may be pretty prevalent this weekend. That southerly flow will also be prohibitive for much warming, but given water is as warm as it's going to be it won't be any kind of pneumonia front like June.

Climo pretty much involves fog.

I'm guessing that with the warm front ahead of the next low pressure that low clouds/fog may be pretty prevalent this weekend. That southerly flow will also be prohibitive for much warming, but given water is as warm as it's going to be it won't be any kind of pneumonia front like June.

ha ha yeah OK i figured so much. that's what i told my wife. does it typically thin/break out during the afternoon or stay locked in?

ha ha yeah OK i figured so much. that's what i told my wife. does it typically thin/break out during the afternoon or stay locked in?

Generally get afternoon improvement. It's strange really, they are the first to lift in this radiation fog and stratus, but last to lift if it's advection of marine stratus.

Torch-tastic Octobers filling up the analog list right now. Pretty much every single October on the analogs was a torch except 1992. No reason to think at this point that this year will not follow. Looks warm through mid-month. Going to be tough to get enough cold late in the month to offset it.

Might as well get it over with now. I wish we could get some rain or something different though

Archived