amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
September weather discussion

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well since its September 1st.... lets see how this summer's "deadly drought" turned out:

20.59" here in Stowe Village at 750ft and 28.17" a couple miles away at 4,000ft.  The Mansfield-Bolton stretch of the Spine and its influence on precipitation in this area is very evident.  With another maximum along the Sugarbush/Waitsfield stretch to the south.

So glad we just narrowly avoided watching thousands of acres of mountainside spontaneously ignite into flames from the drought.

What is it about Needham ?  every summer there seems to be more than one event where a cell stalls over Needham, and they get rain like Homer Simpson on a doughnut stuffing machine.... "gulp, more - gulp, more - gulp, more"    

Almost like there some coincident aspect of that particular location and the invention of a township there.  Pound Needham, relentlessly -

Man did we get banged last night. I was awakened by a giant bang at midnight..and it did not stop until close to 4:00am.Bang after bang

An amazing light and thunder show

Cell after cell just kept popping up right over this area for hours... it was insane.

Lightning every few seconds, and then every few minutes we'd get a flash-boom.

The lightning loop is more impressive. I'll show it again at 7:10 on tv or so. 

N Litchfield County got totally slammed... very impressive up there. 

I would love to see the lightning loop from last night... I should've recorded the morning news. 

Any chance of uploading it to youtube or something?

Archived