Newest Member
    joxey
September weather discussion

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow...how far south in weymouth are you? there must be some rain there now

Well that is probably anvil rain that leaves everything dry under shrubs..lol. I need a good soaking. I'm actually more in N weymouth. Maybe that line near BOS builds south a bit. Prolific lightning just west of the city.

Impressive hail core with 65 dbz around 20kft with storm near Needham.

Also a classic three body scatter spike that's quite deep (6kft-20kft) and extends across several radials. 

Storm may try to drop quarters though the profile is so moist/saturated we'll probably get a lot of melting on the way down. 

post-40-0-71629500-1378040172_thumb.png

post-40-0-44542100-1378040181_thumb.png

Impressive hail core with 65 dbz around 20kft with storm near Needham.

Also a classic three body scatter spike that's quite deep (6kft-20kft) and extends across several radials. 

Storm may try to drop quarters though the profile is so moist/saturated we'll probably get a lot of melting on the way down. 

Awesome.

I wonder if there was anything bigger than dimes in Needham? Haven't seen anything on Twitter or Facebook. It's hard to get big hail to the ground in a setup like this when you're moist adiabatic in the lowest 3 or 4km and you have sfc dews in the low 70s.

Wow on that cell.

Yeah temps warm a bit. I wonder if it becomes more along the weak WF that lifts towards CNE and further west in ern NY? Although a weak srly LLJ moves in very late today across south coast again.

Some pros and cons for overnight stuff too, but probably not like last night.

Yeah lapse rates sort of crap out later today/tonight per the GFS and then tick back up Monday night and Tuesday. Tuesday has some severe chances with 7 C/km 500-700mb lapse rates and increasing deep layer shear through the day. 

Archived