e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
July high heat WX disco

CapturedNature

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, I don't buy this at all. --- then your saying what's the point, actually, whether you realize it or not; because this statement of your is

obfuscating the "pattern" and burying into the background seasonal expectation.   Sorry, there is an identifiable pattern here.

And I do not believe I am being as subjective, as in an "awful lot of".  In fact, urging proceeding with caution after flagging numerous facts, is tantamount to objectivity. 

We'll agree to disagree. Its fine. You consider a different height anomaly pattern that lasts for 10-14 days not to be a pattern change on the condition we return to the previous regime. I do.

You're working on a lot longer timescales than me.

Ah, I don't buy this at all. --- then your saying what's the point, actually, whether you realize it or not; because this statement of your is

obfuscating the "pattern" and burying into the background seasonal expectation.   Sorry, there is an identifiable pattern here.

And I do not believe I am being as subjective, as in an "awful lot of".  In fact, urging proceeding with caution after flagging numerous facts, is tantamount to objectivity. 

can you elaborate on this?

We'll agree to disagree. Its fine. You consider a different height anomaly pattern that lasts for 10-14 days not to be a pattern change on the condition we return to the previous regime. I do.

You're working on a lot longer timescales than me.

This is true ... but, I think that is more important for identifying pattern changing periods.   I mean, think about this; if we want to invoke climo: there is a reason why the climatology for pattern residence is 45 days.  

This all began 25 days ago... I mean we are half way through.  That' just the statistical canvas, granted -- patterns can have variable residence, so there's no guarantee either way, but if the average come out at long time scales...heh.  

We'll see.  

I will acquiesce to this degree:   Yes yes yes, the pattern is altering inside a 1 week time span, enough to recess temps and DP for a time probably not extending much beyond that week, prior to the background larger term resident pattern reasserting its dominance, and usurping that shorter duration recess.   

No no no.

Look... some folks are clearing confusing sensible weather difference to pattern changes. I explained this yesterday, and no one seemed to want to consider it, just argue.

Okay, believe what you guys want, but the PATTERN that we are in, allows for these sensible weather differentials over periods...and that overall behavior has persisted for over 3 weeks now.

Another great post. Agreed! 1-2 days of NW flow and then a return to swamp day 3 and beyond does not a pattern change make

If Kevin agrees with you, you may want to rethink your opinion.

When we get a sustainable change to dry NW flow and cool temps of course ill be on board for a pattern change . Unfortunately a 2 day reprieve from wet moist and high dews then back to moist and high dews isn't sustainable right now. The change is no more high heat next week. But that's not a pattern change.

Folks up here (general public) are already convinced the pattern changed....it hasn't rained in 5 days which is our longest stretch since May 1st.

After rain on 50 out of 60 days, including 19 of 20 days and 17 in a row (now *thats* a pattern with two months straight of 80% POPs), we have 5 days of dryness and everyone is convinced the moon changed direction or something.

When we get a sustainable change to dry NW flow and cool temps of course ill be on board for a pattern change . Unfortunately a 2 day reprieve from wet moist and high dews then back to moist and high dews isn't sustainable right now. The change is no more high heat next week. But that's not a pattern change.

I will ask you again since you ignored me last time. With a trough over us, the Midwest ridge father West and the Bermuda High way NE of its current location, which is opposite from the last three weeks what makes you think it is the same pattern? If this were winter you would see a greater temp difference but it's not so instead we see a slightly cooler regime, wetter and normal to slightly below normal temps. If you are suggesting the dew point is the only measure of determining a pattern change then I do not know what to say.

shaking.......

..NRN NY INTO NRN NEW ENGLAND TODAY THROUGH EARLY TNGT...   WEAK SHORTWAVE RIDGING WILL PERSIST TODAY OVER REGION...ALONG WITH   LOW-LVL WAA/MOISTURE TRANSPORT INVOF SHALLOW WARM FRONT IN NRN/ERN   ME. SFC HEATING...TERRAIN CIRCULATIONS...AND WAA TOGETHER MAY   INITIATE SCTD TSTMS OVER PARTS OF ME AND NH THIS AFTN...WHERE   BUOYANCY AND 30+ KT WNWLY DEEP SHEAR MAY PROVE SUFFICIENT FOR A FEW   STORMS WITH SVR WIND/HAIL.   LATER TODAY...ESE ACCELERATION OF QUE COLD FRONT/PREFRONTAL TROUGH   MAY YIELD A BAND OF ADDITIONAL STORMS OVER SRN QUE AND THE ST   LAWRENCE VLY. THIS ACTIVITY COULD APPROACH THE U.S. BORDER LATE IN   THE AFTN...WITH OTHER STORMS CONTINUING TO MOVE/DEVELOP ESE INTO THE   REGION AFTER DARK. GRADUALLY STRENGTHENING WNWLY MID-LVL FLOW /WITH   SPEEDS AROUND 40 KTS BY 00Z/ WILL PROVIDE AMPLE DEEP SHEAR FOR   SUSTAINED STORMS AND PERHAPS A FEW EMBEDDED SUPERCELLS POSING A RISK   FOR SVR WIND...HAIL... AND POSSIBLY A TORNADO. WHILE THE STORMS   COULD PERSIST INTO LATE TNGT...THE SVR THREAT SHOULD GRADUALLY   DIMINISH WITH DIURNAL COOLING AND INCREASING SWD EXTENT.

The pattern change you are looking for is called October.

Didn't Zucker explain to you yesterday how NW flow is usually a warm flow this time of year?

I will ask you again since you ignored me last time. With a trough over us, the Midwest ridge father West and the Bermuda High way NE of its current location, which is opposite from the last three weeks what makes you think it is the same pattern? If this were winter you would see a greater temp difference but it's not so instead we see a slightly cooler regime, wetter and normal to slightly below normal temps. If you are suggesting the dew point is the only measure of determining a pattern change then I do not know what to say.

As has been stated numerous times by folks.. A pattern change is a complete regime change that is sustainable. An example for folks who have issues following. Most of June was ear marked with dry, cool NW flow with frequent fropas and rain then dry cool again. At the end of June we had a massive pattern change and regime that has gone to moist, humid and added in 2 heat waves. That will have sustained itself for just about a month. A temporary 1-2 day break and then back to wet, moist etc Isnt a sustainable change.

Archived