12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
July high heat WX disco

CapturedNature

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's lots of good stuff out there. Lots of details about FG and the types (MI, BC, PR, etc). HALO ARND MOON/SUN was a good indicator of a cirrostratus deck. I've seen the MOON/SUN DMLY VSBL in obs too which was a good indicator that the cirrostratus lowered to altostratus. MWN throws out an AURBO ob every once in awhile. Sometimes you still see BINOVC or SML BRKS INOVC. Many of the big airports have snow observers now so you occasionally get the snow depth 4/ddd or SNINCR remarks. Sometimes you get the LTG remarks with frequency and bolt types.

They're more interesting than the same old boring automated METARs, that's for sure.

A lot of those you mentioned I have used before at Blue Hill. I would also use a lot of STFRA DRFTG OVR/BLO SMT or PRESFR/PRESRR before/after a big storm.  It would be a treat to cite a halo to put into your observation. I've only seen those a couple times.

Yes we did. Hit 90.2 today at 1000 feet and so did ORH

lol I'm on the other side of town... and what does ORH have to do with our high temp? 

Upper 80s here this afternoon, same high temp as MetHerb.

88 across the way today.  That May reading is our only one and hopefully it stays that way!

lol I'm on the other side of town... and what does ORH have to do with our high temp? 

Upper 80s here, same high temp as MetHerb.

Here's a station near you that recorded the same thing, staying around 88/89 all afternoon.  It spiked up 2 degrees at 16:20 and I'm wondering if it got some extra solar radiation at that time?

http://mesowest.utah.edu/cgi-bin/droman/meso_base.cgi?stn=C2621

Here's a station near you that recorded the same thing, staying around 88/89 all afternoon.  It spiked up 2 degrees at 16:20 and I'm wondering if it got some extra solar radiation at that time?

http://mesowest.utah.edu/cgi-bin/droman/meso_base.cgi?stn=C2621

Oh is that the station on Leela Way?  It's usually pretty good compared to others... some hiccups once in a while though.

Dew points today very manageable. 90/72 much worse than 94/63 , was this number (13) At KBOS, wonder if they only get u 80's tommorrow, thur-fri are relative locks

I thought today was the biggest risk of a miss but perhaps launch is lower tomorrow though cbreeze is over so it may go up a tick or 2 before dropping.

Topped out at 87.0 at the Pit yesterday. Was home yesterday afternoon (on a work trip this week in NE,, but was able to stop in breifly).  Deck was nice and comfy.  Warm, but humidityt wasn't bad and the breeze was great.   I thought we'd have hit 90 over the last two days.  I don't expect we'll avoid it eventually, but they have tempered the forecast from 'lower 90s' to 'around 90'.

Well yeah..we've always said the massive heat will end this week,,,but we will be left with the same pattern of high,high dews with little to  no fropas..78-84 with dews at or over 70 with continued storm chances..like we've had since around June 26th

Sounds right to me. I'm pretty bummed though I'm supposed to be hiking Mt. Washington next Saturday and that's exactly when that trough will be moving in. Lots of moisture moving through starting around Thursday.

Archived