12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
July high heat WX disco

CapturedNature

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do the Euro ens look? Big pattern change or wet/moist flow?

I think we revert back to more humid wx later next week, and then perhaps another trough the following weekend. For now, the heat is done. There is a chance it could be U80s or so at the end of next week.

Salespeople have to know what people are looking to buy. By asking the right questions, and pushing the right buttons, a sale can many times be made

Right but you aren't going to outright lie to make that sale are you?

Social media and tons of review websites and things like that make it much harder to sell a crappy product these days. If you aren't honest with the customer you'll have a problem.

Anyway...wayyyy off base now.

I think we revert back to more humid wx later next week, and then perhaps another trough the following weekend. For now, the heat is done. There is a chance it could be U80s or so at the end of next week.

Seems like Euro Ensembles show somewhat of a suppressed omega block over the U.S. when looking at the 11-15. NW flow and troughiness. Sweet.

Right but you aren't going to outright lie to make that sale are you?

Social media and tons of review websites and things like that make it much harder to sell a crappy product these days. If you aren't honest with the customer you'll have a problem.

Anyway...wayyyy off base now.

Kevin is ridiculous. His hype/trolling/whatever he spends his time doing is outrageous lol. 

We laugh about Jay Peak at work, too. They are horrible.

The NWS guys get a big kick out of them....I know everyone thinks ski resorts still completely fabricate snowfall and conditions, but that's not the case thanks to social media and Internet forums and instant pictures to those places. I know folks at Smuggs/Bolton/Sugarbush/MRG as well as how we operate, and this isn't the 80s or 90s anymore. Pretty much all local skiers up in northern VT will tell you that day in and day out the snowfall at area resorts is accurate. The only place I still hear people comment on snow maybe not being as deep as advertised is at Jay. But they've made a big market out of always getting the most snow, so they sort of have to live up to it.

Kevin is ridiculous. His hype/trolling/whatever he spends his time doing is outrageous lol. 

The thing is...there's a limit to it. When it was merely just inflating snowfall amounts by a couple of inches in each threat, it was tolerable...but its definitely escalated to the point where you can't even take a thing he says seriously. Its like a drug addiction...it starts off as recreational and some fun, and then it escalates into week-long benders 3 times a month. Its not sustainable to keep any credibility.

The thing is...there's a limit to it. When it was merely just inflating snowfall amounts by a couple of inches in each threat, it was tolerable...but its definitely escalated to the point where you can't even take a thing he says seriously. Its like a drug addiction...it starts off as recreational and some fun, and then it escalates into week-long benders 3 times a month. Its not sustainable to keep any credibility.

Yup. I don't even read most of his posts anymore. They're not even funny, unfortunately. 

One of my favorites was MOONDIMVIS (Moon Dimly Visible) after a snow storm.  That was the tell tale sign that the snow was ending.

Another good one I just remembered was SNOINC or Snow Increasing in Intensity.  Boy, I wish we had that about now!

There's lots of good stuff out there. Lots of details about FG and the types (MI, BC, PR, etc). HALO ARND MOON/SUN was a good indicator of a cirrostratus deck. I've seen the MOON/SUN DMLY VSBL in obs too which was a good indicator that the cirrostratus lowered to altostratus. MWN throws out an AURBO ob every once in awhile. Sometimes you still see BINOVC or SML BRKS INOVC. Many of the big airports have snow observers now so you occasionally get the snow depth 4/ddd or SNINCR remarks. Sometimes you get the LTG remarks with frequency and bolt types.

They're more interesting than the same old boring automated METARs, that's for sure.

Archived