e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Ridge Builds In - Humidity Sticks Around - Wx Disc

CT Rain

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for posting. I was hoping you'd be able to get that up on here. Yeah there's virtually no way they could have issued a warning yesterday based on that. The weird thing is though , people reported seeing it near Vernon and it crossed over 84 and up into Tolland, so it was evident at least at tree level for a good 10 minutes or more. I still think there's only one small area where it made contact with the ground. I think we'll see that in the BOX report on Loehr Rd. The other areas I think were more treetop TOR stuff, though I did see whole trees snapped also in those areas along with the sheared limbs

Yeah, actually it doesn't surprise me they saw it in Vernon.  You see the pic I posted was focused SW of Tolland.  Vernon, even Manchester. 

The strange thing is that you posted at 4:19 EDT OMG TOR, and those are the radar shots from just before.  Even the shots from just after appear to have the strongest sig a bit SW.  So in fact it's possible your TOR was embedded on the leading edge of the FFD, which is not where I would normally expect it there.  I wonder if the lowering in Vernon might have been something else possibly?  Or the timestamps from the board are off, or I'm just confused about exactly when it occurred.

Yeah, actually it doesn't surprise me they saw it in Vernon. You see the pic I posted was focused SW of Tolland. Vernon, even Manchester.

The strange thing is that you posted at 4:19 OMG TOR, and those are the radar shots from just before. Even the shots from just after appear to have the strongest sig a bit SW. So in fact it's possible your TOR was embedded on the leading edge of the FFD, which is not where I would normally expect it there. I wonder if the lowering in Vernon might have been something else possibly? Or the timestamps from the board are off, or I'm just confused about exactly when it occurred.

I have a friend who was near the off ramp on 84 by exit 67 on Tolland/ Vernon line who said there was debris in the air there with trees swaying and motorists were getting blown around and struggling to keep cars on highway. He said he looked up and saw it move up over Mile Hill rd in Tolland headed NE Twds my area. The video posted is on the other side of Mile Hill rd as it headed northeast up Twds Old Post/ Loehr/Wonderview. As I stood in the driveway I could see it and for a moment thought it was coming directly overhead, so that's when I ran back inside and posted that. By the time I ran back outside it had slid just to the west of me. But I could still hear it, and then there were all kinds of sirens immed. Following that sequence

Yep right next to NWS Taunton in fact

Looks like my homestead will get into it shortly.  FFW hoisted.

FLASH FLOOD WARNINGMAC005-023-111700-/O.NEW.KBOX.FF.W.0031.130711T1406Z-130711T1700Z//00000.0.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTEDFLASH FLOOD WARNINGNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAUNTON MA1006 AM EDT THU JUL 11 2013THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN TAUNTON HAS ISSUED A* FLASH FLOOD WARNING FOR...  SOUTHWESTERN PLYMOUTH COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST MASSACHUSETTS...  CENTRAL BRISTOL COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST MASSACHUSETTS...* UNTIL 100 PM EDT* AT 1000 AM EDT...DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED THUNDERSTORMS PRODUCING  HEAVY RAIN IN OR APPROACHING THE WARNED AREA.  FLASH FLOODING IS  EXPECTED TO BEGIN SHORTLY.* SOME LOCATIONS THAT WILL EXPERIENCE FLOODING INCLUDE...  NEW BEDFORD...TAUNTON...BERKLEY...FREETOWN...MIDDLEBOROUGH...EAST  BRIDGEWATER...BRIDGEWATER...WEST BRIDGEWATER...RAYNHAM...  ACUSHNET...LAKEVILLE AND ROCHESTER.PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...EXCESSIVE RUNOFF FROM HEAVY RAINFALL WILL CAUSE FLOODING OF URBANAREAS...HIGHWAYS...STREETS AND UNDERPASSES AS WELL AS OTHER DRAINAGEAREAS AND LOW LYING SPOTS. A FEW SMALL CREEKS MAY ALSO GO OVER THEIRBANKS IN THE WARNED AREA.&&LAT...LON 4178 7110 4179 7111 4182 7111 4195 7115      4197 7117 4205 7093 4170 7080 4165 7091      4166 7092 4165 7092 4160 7105$$THOMPSON

I have a friend who was near the off ramp on 84 by exit 67 on Tolland/ Vernon line who said there was debris in the air there with trees swaying and motorists were getting blown around and struggling to keep cars on highway. He said he looked up and saw it move up over Mile Hill rd in Tolland headed NE Twds my area. The video posted is on the other side of Mile Hill rd as it headed northeast up Twds Old Post/ Loehr/Wonderview. As I stood in the driveway I could see it and for a moment thought it was coming directly overhead, so that's when I ran back inside and posted that. By the time I ran back outside it had slid just to the west of me. But I could still hear it, and then there were all kinds of sirens immed. Following that sequence

What made you go outside and look? Did you just guess you may see something?

What made you go outside and look? Did you just guess you may see something?

I think I posted that the storm kind of blew up overhead, so I looked at radar and it looked decent so as I many times will do during a tstorm I went out onto the front porch to watch it, but this time something was different. Almost immed I saw the low level swirl off to the wsw.

A nice drink for the yard it seems. Needed it after I mowed yesterday.

Kevin, mowing blows...I don't know how you have a pants tent for it.

I used to enjoy it...my last house had .20 of an acre so it was easy.  Moved to this house 10 yrs ago which is .50 acre   Didnt have a tractor so hired someone for 30 bucks a cut...haven't gone back...that's a pretty good deal and saves me alot of time....still charges 30 bucks...helps that he does half the neighborhood.

Archived