Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Ridge Builds In - Humidity Sticks Around - Wx Disc

CT Rain

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the Loehr-Wonderview-Mt Spring path would have taken it right over Star Hill...it must have weakened at that point or that bubble would have been another giant garbage bag floating on the highway. Will stop in and ask around tonite after I check out Loehr.

It was moving SW to NE so it would have gone over that area on its way up Twds MTN Spring

Throw newtown in there and news from our state has been never ending.  Weather wise its been extreme since the hot/dry summer of 2010...like you said...

Uncanny really, Irene, then Sandy hit harder than everywhere except SW RI in SNE, Roctober did more tree damage in CT than anywhere else,10/11 winter heaviest snow in CT, Feb Blizz centered in CT now Tornado's.

Can't complain there, numerous HECS's and 2 hurricanes here and a tornado that passed about 5 miles to my east and hit BDR

Yeah the only thing missing was good severe, but can't complain about everything else. I do wish I could have been there for the blowdown of trees in the Feb blizzard on the s-shore. I feel like 2000-2005 was my weather weenie time with jackpotting in blizzards, SVR..etc. I know to some weenies they feel like they always miss out on something, but the grass always looks greener on the other side..especially when hyped. In the end it's usualyl a wash.

Uncanny really, Irene, then Sandy hit harder than everywhere except SW RI in SNE, Roctober did more tree damage in CT than anywhere else,10/11 winter heaviest snow in CT, Feb Blizz centered in CT now Tornado's.

Irene was worse on the Cape and Sandy probably was worse in parts of NE MA actually outside of SWCT. Otherwise I think most areas have seen some interesting wx outside of some areas getting a few inches more in a snowstorm. This summer is definitely the summer of spinners there so far.

Well there's your reason. I wouldn't enjoy it nearly as much with just a push mower. I have one to do around trees and hard to get places, but tractors make it fun

I think even with a tractor...I just would rather relax indoors. But, it has to be done. I'm sure my neighbor across the street appreciates me tending to the yard so quicky. I feel like this street is similar to yours regarding yard Nazis and homestyles perhaps. Hell it's even on a hill.

I think even with a tractor...I just would rather relax indoors. But, it has to be done. I'm sure my neighbor across the street appreciates me tending to the yard so quicky. I feel like this street is similar to yours regarding yard Nazis and homestyles perhaps. Hell it's even on a hill.

Lol it's contagious. Plus you never want to be that person who everyone talks about in the neighborhood as not taking care if their landscape. If I were you now, I would put down a fert application. Even if its just straight fert. Just to give it a boost of Nitrogen and deeper green

Yeah the only thing missing was good severe, but can't complain about everything else. I do wish I could have been there for the blowdown of trees in the Feb blizzard on the s-shore. I feel like 2000-2005 was my weather weenie time with jackpotting in blizzards, SVR..etc. I know to some weenies they feel like they always miss out on something, but the grass always looks greener on the other side..especially when hyped. In the end it's usualyl a wash.

True enough.  Much of NNE has watched the good stuff from afar these past three years, with most major events much less dramatic up here.  (Irene/VT the biggest exception.)  However, from Feb. 2007 thru the end of winter 08-09 it was NNE's turn while SNE had mainly mediocrity.

Archived