Gonzalo00
Ridge Builds In - Humidity Sticks Around - Wx Disc

CT Rain

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe for new hampshire/maine.  it looks pretty weak to me

yeah perhaps.

though anytime i see NW flow aloft, surface HP over NS and weak pressure fields over the MA/SNE...i feel like it can slam SW pretty easily. minimally to BOS / Cape etc. 

we could still see an adjustment north though too

Yeah I noticed that too, for Tuesday but ... it would be difficult to mechanically move a BD into the bowls of such a powerful height node.  

The GFS seems to want to generate too much convection inside all that DVM associated with the ridge, and then as a matter of convenience it's then left with [probably] an erroneous albeit weak v-max escaping SE. If it were real, which I doubt it is, there'd be some weak backside NVA to help drill a weakish boundary up under the heights. 

It's not a convincing NW flow regime to me.  It's more like defaulted to a light mid level NW drift because the center of that ginormous positive anomaly happens to be situated a little SW of us.  BDs associated with NW flow aloft need a couple contours and a much more obvious deep layer backside confluence moving N of Maine, that's not prevalent here.  

i can't believe how quickly the heights rise after friday... it's like the atmosphere doesn't want a trough over us

Yeah, I've been amazed by that... Check out the GGEM;  it weakly closes off the mid level center and then in just 36 hours it retrogrades it all the way back to the High Plains -- I wonder if there will be a west moving tor outbreak.  Ha

Yeah I noticed that too, for Tuesday but ... it would be difficult to mechanically move a BD into the bowls of such a powerful height node.  

The GFS seems to want to generate too much convection inside all that DVM associated with the ridge, and then as a matter of convenience it's then left with [probably] an erroneous albeit weak v-max escaping SE. If it were real, which I doubt it is, there'd be some weak backside NVA to help drill a weakish boundary up under the heights. 

It's not a convincing NW flow regime to me.  It's more like defaulted to a light mid level NW drift because the center of that ginormous positive anomaly happens to be situated a little SW of us.  BDs associated with NW flow aloft need a couple contours and a much more obvious deep layer backside confluence moving N of Maine, that's not prevalent here.  

i see it as more of a glorified seabreeze boundary that'll manage to back south and west aided by the HP moving by to the N and E. there have also been hints on/off of a weak disturbance passing through the area monday/tuesday which would definitely assist in turning the flow onshore across E MA.

surface pattern next week is funky in that there is virtually zero temp/pressure gradient anywhere over the east. you could easily rocket into the lower 90s in that set-up or easily have S/SE/E winds keeping places along the coastal plain in check (80s as opposed to mid 90s)

No one is talking about Sat, looks cool. heat waves at the climo time of the year seems about right next week then it gets drier and cooler.

Archived