EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Cut-Off Woes Next Few Days

CT Rain

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18z NAM and GFS both line up pretty well with the best axis... on like an ALB to BTV vector.  As far as New England, the threat seems to be up in this area... western NNE.  The part of New England that seems to bore the majority of the posters on here, lol.  Just like in a winter event, the best snowfalls for this area are from coastal storms that hit the BGM-ALB-BTV axis (ie Valentines Day, March 2001)

Yeah, well said, I agree.  This is also consistent with rad/sat now-cast trends.  

However, we have to remember that with PWATs so high, a slow moving cell can over-perform, such as what's going on down in HFD.  I think it is too early to remove the watches, but the trends are improving.  

I wonder if anything even moves across any of SNE tonight? Looks like all slides west? Dies something else form?

The radar would lend some credence to that. Western areas may get clipped lookingat this, but the trajectory is reallly looking northward. If some things can develop off the coast, they may vector into this area.

post-462-0-66475500-1372379208_thumb.gif

Interesting statement out of BTV...they seem especially concerned with this one. Usually you don't get a Public Info Statement scrolling on this type of event unless they are really concerned.

NOUS41 KBTV 272231

PNSBTV

NYZ026>031-034-035-087-VTZ001>012-016>019-281215-

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BURLINGTON VT

631 PM EDT THU JUN 27 2013

...FLOODING WILL IMPACT THE NORTH COUNTRY THROUGH FRIDAY...

FLOODING IS EXPECTED ON FRIDAY AND WILL HAVE AN IMPACT ON THE NORTH

COUNTRY. START PREPARING NOW!

NEW RAINFALL AMOUNTS LATER TONIGHT AND FRIDAY WILL BE IN THE 1 TO 4

INCH RANGE ACROSS THE NORTH COUNTRY. THIS COMBINED WITH ALREADY

SATURATED SOILS MEANS THERE WILL BE FLOODING!

EXAMINE YOUR SURROUNDINGS NOW TO DETERMINE ACTIONS YOU NEED TO TAKE

TO PROTECT YOUR PROPERTY!

SMALLER RIVERS AND STREAMS WILL FLOOD QUICKLY AND SOME ROADS WILL

BECOME FLOODED OR WASHED OUT!

TRAVEL WILL BE DIFFICULT DURING THE MORNING COMMUTE! NEVER DRIVE

THROUGH FLOODED ROADS!

STAY AWAY FROM FLOOD WATERS!

$$

EVENSON/SISSON/HANSON

Just had a burst of heavy rain from the little band stradding the MA/VT line.  Unlike Chris, I'll take the heavy rains.  My pumpkin plant won't like it, but if it's going to be gross wetaher, might as well have something to track with it other than how many rolls of toilet paper Kevin needs for cripes' sake.

The radar would lend some credence to that. Western areas may get clipped lookingat this, but the trajectory is reallly looking northward. If some things can develop off the coast, they may vector into this area.

I think this whole thing pivots through here overnight....still some eastward progression.

Just had a burst of heavy rain from the little band stradding the MA/VT line.  Unlike Chris, I'll take the heavy rains.  My pumpkin plant won't like it, but if it's going to be gross wetaher, might as well have something to track with it other than how many rolls of toilet paper Kevin needs for cripes' sake.

I don't like it because it causes problems in the veggie garden. Plus I think everyone has at least minor mold allergies. Looks like we miss the brunt though. That last band was about 15 minutes of -RA.

70/68 here. Yuck.

Archived