EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Cut-Off Woes Next Few Days

CT Rain

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny how isolated heavy rain/convection can be. On the north side of town near the Bloomfield line (really north of 44) there was 1.5-2.0" of rain earlier. As of right now (including the current downpour) I'm only at 0.45!

I'm in the Webster Hill neighborhood....just southeast of Rockledge.....wife said there was brief heavies about 3 or so....but didn't last too long....I was watching that storm from work in Cheshire and as you said watched it dump all over northern West Hartford, Bloomfield, Windsor?.....then this late band dumped heavies for about 10 min.....so hit or miss....

I'm seeing some more lightning out my window now....love night time lightning....

I don't like it because it causes problems in the veggie garden. Plus I think everyone has at least minor mold allergies. Looks like we miss the brunt though. That last band was about 15 minutes of -RA.

70/68 here. Yuck.

I understand the gardening component.   That's not too big a dea for mby as our gardent is situated on the edge of the steep drop-off.  So, it drains VERY well.  That said, I do think the rains pose a risk to my giant pumpkin.  That's the extent of our garden this year, too.  That is my wife's balliwick (sp?) and since she's started back to work full-time at Hampshire in the fall, the garden's taken a back seat.  I'm enjoing culitvating my apple trees, though.

Up to 1.97" now.

Pool time is limited too

Makes me glad we haven't paid to have a pool put in yet.  My wife hopes to be swimming by end of July though.

Spc WRF looks pretty active over CT / C and W MA. Funky storm motion with the unusual steering flow.

My experience has been that the storms with "funky motion" can be some of the more entertaining ones.  Bring it on.  Hopefully we'll get some breaks to destabilize things a bit. 

1.99"/storm

1.05"/day

9.91"/month

Spc WRF looks pretty active over CT / C and W MA. Funky storm motion with the unusual steering flow.

It has a pretty good grip on the location of the precip right now. Activity looks like it will pick up later this afternoon/early evening as that warm front finally works its way north. SREFs have most of SNE in the thunder zone so hopefully I see something good by days end. It's been a big disappointment up here so far this summer.

Archived