CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
June 10-14 Severe/Flooding Wx - Obs, Radar, Warnings, Dmg. rpts

wxmeddler

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

still not sure it looks like a derecho at least this far east. models have continued to like the idea of a developing surface low passing pretty close by.. some with the heaviest rain displaced either north or west of the low. this has a very solid 500mb vort.  around here it looks like a potential legit tornado event tho perhaps it will morph into the derecho everyone's excited about. i could see how it happens but not sure that's my main interest for now. 

I just don't get that.  How could anybody be excited about that.  Any thoughts?

Tornado Debris Signature (TDS) in Howard Co, just S of I-70.

Here's a pic of the wall cloud as it passed just to the east of Clarksburg. It was definitely lowered and rotating slowly. I guess it dropped the FC around 8mi NE of here just past Damascus then rolled up thru HoCo.

Evening line just after this cell dropped another 0.63" for a one-day total of 3.83".  Impressive.

Thurs SE of here looks interesting.  I hope it stays down there...

post-109-0-88575900-1370953081_thumb.jpg

I just don't get that.  How could anybody be excited about that.  Any thoughts?

We can't control what the weather does - if we are going to get a derecho I might as well enjoy the exciting weather and just deal with whatever nature throws at me in terms of outages or damage. We can't will it to happen or not happen.

Anybody have a screenshot of last night's tornado warning? I need a start lat-lon for the rotation.

If you want a start lat/lon for the rotation, it started at least 20 minutes before the box went up at 6:56pm. Here's a velocity cap as it tracked just east of the N. Germantown/Clarksburg line. The location of the crosshairs is 39.2N, 77.26W and the time stamp is at the top of the cap. I posted a pic of the rotating wall cloud from the same location earlier in the thread.

post-109-0-39552500-1370961574_thumb.jpg

If you want a start lat/lon for the rotation, it started at least 20 minutes before the box went up at 6:56pm. Here's a velocity cap as it tracked just east of the N. Germantown/Clarksburg line. The location of the crosshairs is 39.2N, 77.26W and the time stamp is at the top of the cap. I posted a pic of the rotating wall cloud from the same location earlier in the thread.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Thanks.

I'm going with a Meh Factor of 3 for Thursday.

Archived