amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
June 10-14 Severe/Flooding Wx - Obs, Radar, Warnings, Dmg. rpts

wxmeddler

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think we'll see much in my neck of the woods.. (Hopefully I'm wrong.. I'd actually like to see some exciting weather) I can see a "mountain jump" coming and all the good stuff will form in the Piedmont areas. Too bad I have to work or I would go chasing.

Sooo wedge on the mall?

Highly doubtful you'd have a nice photogenic wedge on the mall... a rainwrapped 2.6 mile wide EF5 hellstorm stretching from the Lincoln Memorial to the Library of Congress is far more likely.

So can one of the local TV stations hire Val Castor for Thursday?  

Are there any good examples of a similar summertime setup with a strengthening surface low passing thru PA? I've done a slightly more than cursory look and haven't found any.

Well if the front came charging into today's air mass I don't think it would be much, winds mixing things up good and stabilize and looks like dews above the surface have lowered a lot.  But if it comes charging into an air mass like Monday's then it would be a general area wide pounding.

So which will it be?

Yes.

Still thinking a linear storm mode threat for Thursday, good chance of some embedded sups. Perhaps a tail end charlie could put something down. Still no idea for Wed.

Tomorrow is either going to have a few supercells in the region, an mcs dropping from the nw or nothing. Easy. 

Tomorrow is either going to have a few supercells in the region, an mcs dropping from the nw or nothing. Easy.

Well if there is a MCS that moves into the LWX CWA, it won't be till late night IMO... like after 10pm... so anything else before to me would be bonus... that's where I was kinda coming from earlier when you and I had that friendly battle over SLGT risk for day tomorrow

Well if there is a MCS that moves into the LWX CWA, it won't be till late night IMO... like after 10pm... so anything else before to me would be bonus... that's where I was kinda coming from earlier when you and I had that friendly battle over SLGT risk for day tomorrow

SPC outlooks are valid from 12z to 12z - so even if the MCS was late night it would still be covered by that days day 1 outlook. 

SPC outlooks are valid from 12z to 12z - so even if the MCS was late night it would still be covered by that days day 1 outlook. 

yoda needs to copy and paste the spc rulebook to something. :P

both days are pretty conditional. tomorrow there might not be a real trigger.. then there are a multitude of things that could go wrong thursday despite the higher end potential.

yoda needs to copy and paste the spc rulebook to something. :P

both days are pretty conditional. tomorrow there might not be a real trigger.. then there are a multitude of things that could go wrong thursday despite the higher end potential.

Hey now... I am trying to post some of my own thoughts interspersed with the copy and pasting ;)

I guess maybe lee trough or terrain induced storms as trigger?

Before any storms actually form - 

I have seem some folks on here with the various GR software post some nice radar images with good color tables. Does anybody have suggestion on color tables (esp for GR2AE) other than the default ones? If you'd prefer (or the mods would prefer) you can PM me the files. Velocity is mainly what I am after but I'd also accept nice reflectivity tables as well. Thanks!

Archived