northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
June 10-14 Severe/Flooding Wx - Obs, Radar, Warnings, Dmg. rpts

wxmeddler

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish local media would explain what a "moderate risk" means a bit better. Just saying moderate risk is misleading to the public...if you were a lay person you'd hear "moderate" and think not too bad. 

Moderate means they will cut in on Dr. Phil if needed.  Any higher risk means they will cut in on Ellen which then we all know we are effed.

I agree Kenny, Tony Pann did emphasize that tomorrow looks to be kind of worrisome severe wise and he was watching it closely. I'd imagine tonight's evening news will go into it a lot more.

I know it's a long repeated thing - but as others have said, technically the SPC outlooks are for forecaster usage and then if you are the media you don't have to use the exact terms. We've seen very damaging "slight" days - moderate risk (esp a day 2 one) should be given a lot of weight. 

I know it's a long repeated thing - but as others have said, technically the SPC outlooks are for forecaster usage and then if you are the media you don't have to use the exact terms. We've seen very damaging "slight" days - moderate risk (esp a day 2 one) should be given a lot of weight. 

If there is one thing we should bank on is that the media rarely misses a chance to hype something up. I would expect by later today the repeated call for serious wx to become more common and they will explain possibilities of what may happen.

Bust potential even in a moderate is still there.

If there is one thing we should bank on is that the media rarely misses a chance to hype something up. I would expect by later today the repeated call for serious wx to become more common and they will explain possibilities of what may happen.

Bust potential even in a moderate is still there.

I think the national media has a huge tendency to do that. The local media outlets are your best bet, and you should be paying attention if they are making calls for severe weather because there is a LOT more accountability on the local level than on the national level. Right now it's a matter of riding that line between informing people with enough heads up, and keeping in mind the uncertainties that still exist. 

At this point with this storm system, I'm leaning heavily towards this becoming a substantial event tomorrow. As someone said yesterday, a ~992mb low in the middle of June isn't going to go quietly. 

well i think its safe to say this can only dissapoint from here given all the hype lol. In all seriousness, wow at this potential. But still a ton of uncertainty to deal with as always. Let's see how Midwest convection evolves overnight into tmrw morning across the mid-atl and how much recovery time we have for further destabilization mid/late morning to early aftn.

I don't believe in modeled MCS's's's's

Believe in this

*** ALERT ** ALERT *** I mean REALLY SERIOUS ALERT**

NWS/ SPC - Storm Prediction Center -- has UPGRADED and places all of eastern and central and Northern VA... central and eastern MD... southeast PA southern half of NJ in a

MODERATE RISK FOR SEVERE WEATHER FOR JUNE 13

this does not mean isolated severe storms and isolated TORNADOES are " possible"....

it means to expect a LOT of severe thunderstorms and SEVERAL Tornaodes some of which could be real ass kickers

This is NOT forecast... It is OFFICIAL from NWS / SPC

Believe in this

*** ALERT ** ALERT *** I mean REALLY SERIOUS ALERT**

NWS/ SPC - Storm Prediction Center -- has UPGRADED and places all of eastern and central and Northern VA... central and eastern MD... southeast PA southern half of NJ in a

MODERATE RISK FOR SEVERE WEATHER FOR JUNE 13

this does not mean isolated severe storms and isolated TORNADOES are " possible"....

it means to expect a LOT of severe thunderstorms and SEVERAL Tornaodes some of which could be real ass kickers

This is NOT forecast... It is OFFICIAL from NWS / SPC

What does that even mean?

Archived