• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe Threat June 11-13

Hoosier

Also likely have a big waterspout on Lake Erie with that supercell offshore.

That supercell is one of better looking ones I've seen today, classic hook heading toward western Cleveland..... I would think a Tornado warning would be going up any second for some advance warning. Pretty good couplet on the last couple of scans.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That supercell is one of better looking ones I've seen today, classic hook heading toward western Cleveland..... I would think a Tornado warning would be going up any second for some advance warning. Pretty good couplet on the last couple of scans.

TW out for the Cleveland metro.

Aaaaaand there it is. Cell really did have a great echo there.

WFUS51 KCLE 130306
TORCLE
OHC035-093-130400-
/O.NEW.KCLE.TO.W.0009.130613T0306Z-130613T0400Z/

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED
TORNADO WARNING
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CLEVELAND OH
1106 PM EDT WED JUN 12 2013

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN CLEVELAND HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...
  CUYAHOGA COUNTY IN NORTHEAST OHIO...
  NORTHEASTERN LORAIN COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL OHIO...

* UNTIL MIDNIGHT EDT

* AT 1105 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A
  SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO. THIS DANGEROUS
  STORM WAS LOCATED 8 MILES NORTH OF AVON LAKE...OR 13 MILES
  NORTHEAST OF LORAIN...AND MOVING SOUTHEAST AT 30 MPH.

* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...
  CLEVELAND...STRONGSVILLE...AVON LAKE...NORTH RIDGEVILLE...
  WESTLAKE...LAKEWOOD...EUCLID...PARMA...CLEVELAND HEIGHTS...NORTH
  ROYALTON...SOLON...SHEFFIELD LAKE...SHEFFIELD...AVON...BAY
  VILLAGE...ROCKY RIVER...NORTH OLMSTED...FAIRVIEW PARK...OLMSTED
  FALLS AND BROOK PARK.

Tornado Warning's going here in Cleveland. Just woke me out of bed. Basically headed towards the most densely area between Chicago and the east coast.

No that would be Detroit. And if the air isn't nice and warm going into the storm but coming at you from it and cool it's all outflow. Still gonna be a nice wind threat for Cleveland

No that would be Detroit. And if the air isn't nice and warm going into the storm but coming at you from it and cool it's all outflow. Still gonna be a nice wind threat for Cleveland

I was referring to densely populated, not total population. The west shore of Cleveland and suburbs have densities of 15,000+ per square mile along the immediate shoreline. Doesn't take much to do significant damage (Re: see damage from Hurricane Sandy last fall)

Well haven't updated, ended up on the north side of the supercell that was near dekalb tried getting ahead of it but raced east and I ended up on I-88 in a massive traffic jam. Btw I hate the speed limits on all these freeways/toll roads in Chicago but I digress. So ended up turning around and headed back to Batavia to drop off a friend and then ended up going for another severe storm down near Sandwich, however it ended up collapsing before it made it to Sandwich. Now I am relaxing in a Quality Inn in Batavia after driving for almost 10 hours. I'd consider the chase a semi bust due to not seeing anything severe, however probably saw the most lightning in a storm in about 4 years.

Archived