joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe Threat June 11-13

Hoosier

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looking at the Chicago Heights area towards Lynwood and Schererville, there's a real nasty looking near-hook down there that developed off the LOT radar the last couple of frames. Is that just part of a cluster with a leading edge of gusts, or is anyone seeing rotation on radar  down there like I am?

To me it looks like a supercell with too strong of an RFD that is getting rammed with inflow in the FFD due to it's speed.

To me it looks like a supercell with too strong of an RFD that is getting rammed with inflow in the FFD due to it's speed.

ok, i just wanted to be sure i'm looking at things right. i've been jumping from radar to radar from time to time. just want to be sure i have the right perspective as I jump.

Expect this to ramp up in about 1-2 hours when the cells begin to interact with the southward moving cold air over Lake Michigan at that time. I think this will become exceptionally severe for Indiana and east central IL when that development takes place. Michigan will probably see exceptionally heavy rainfalls as the cells now in Wisconsin slide across the lake and warm advection ceases with a slight back-door effect. Would say 50 miles either side of South Bend to Lafayette for the most intense tornadic development and this will continue on much of the night through Ohio and western PA before weakening to below severe levels.

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED  

TORNADO WARNING  

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORTHERN INDIANA  

730 PM EDT WED JUN 12 2013  

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN NORTHERN INDIANA HAS ISSUED A  

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...  

MARSHALL COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL INDIANA...  

SOUTHEASTERN STARKE COUNTY IN NORTHWEST INDIANA...  

* UNTIL 800 PM EDT/700 PM CDT/  

* AT 629 PM CDT...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A  

TORNADO WAS LOCATED NEAR CULVER...AND MOVING EAST AT 25 MPH.  

HAZARD...DEVELOPING TORNADO...GOLF BALL SIZE HAIL AND 70 MPH WIND  

GUSTS.  

SOURCE...RADAR INDICATED ROTATION.  

IMPACT...MOBILE HOMES WILL BE HEAVILY DAMAGED OR DESTROYED.  

SIGNIFICANT DAMAGE TO ROOFS...WINDOWS AND VEHICLES WILL  

OCCUR. FLYING DEBRIS WILL BE DEADLY TO PEOPLE AND ANIMALS.  

EXTENSIVE TREE DAMAGE IS LIKELY.  

* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...  

PLYMOUTH...CULVER...ARGOS...BOURBON...OAK GROVE...BURR OAK...  

MAXINKUCKEE...HIBBARD...DONALDSON...RUTLAND...TWIN LAKES...  

INWOOD...OLD TIP TOWN...TIPPECANOE AND LINKVILLE.

potential was there but the playing field got crowded too quick.  temp down to 59

What are your thoughts on the intense line segment headed for Milwaukee?  I'm thinking of heading west to hopefully beat it, and experience the worst before it weakens inevitably by the lakeshore.

MKX put out a wide spread warning for storm heading into the Milwaukee to Kenosha corridor.

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNINGWIC027-055-059-079-089-101-105-127-131-133-130045-/O.NEW.KMKX.SV.W.0039.130612T2352Z-130613T0045Z/BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTEDSEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNINGNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MILWAUKEE/SULLIVAN WI652 PM CDT WED JUN 12 2013THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN SULLIVAN HAS ISSUED A* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...  SOUTHEASTERN DODGE COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN...  SOUTHEASTERN JEFFERSON COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN...  KENOSHA COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN...  MILWAUKEE COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN...  SOUTHERN OZAUKEE COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN...  RACINE COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN...  NORTHEASTERN ROCK COUNTY IN SOUTH CENTRAL WISCONSIN...  WALWORTH COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN...  WASHINGTON COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN...  WAUKESHA COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN...* UNTIL 745 PM CDT* AT 647 PM CDT...A LINE OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS WAS LOCATED ALONG A  LINE EXTENDING FROM THERESA TO SLINGER TO MERTON TO PALMYRA TO  DOWNTOWN JANESVILLE...AND MOVING SOUTHEAST AT 45 MPH.  HAZARD...QUARTER SIZE HAIL AND 60 MPH WIND GUSTS.  SOURCE...RADAR INDICATED.  IMPACT...HAIL DAMAGE TO VEHICLES AND CROPS IS EXPECTED. EXPECT WIND           DAMAGE TO ROOFS...SIDING AND TREES.* SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS WILL BE NEAR...  WAUKESHA AIRPORT AND WEST BEND AROUND 700 PM CDT.  WEST BEND AIRPORT AND POTTER LAKE AROUND 705 PM CDT.  NEWBURG AND MILWAUKEE COUNTY ZOO AROUND 710 PM CDT.  GLENDALE AND BURLINGTON AIRPORT AROUND 715 PM CDT.  SAUKVILLE AND FRANKLIN AROUND 720 PM CDT.  PORT WASHINGTON AND MILWAUKEE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT AROUND 725 PM  CDT.OTHER LOCATIONS IMPACTED BY THESE SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS INCLUDE TROYCENTER...RICHMOND...MILLARD...JOHNSTOWN CENTER...EMERALD GROVE...AVALON...TIBBETS...BEAR VALLEY...ABELLS CORNERS AND GERMANTOWN.

Archived