joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe Threat June 11-13

Hoosier

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cells should be encountering lake breeze before too long here....we'll see if it tightens up this HP junk.

That's what I'm waiting to see. Could enhance the tor threat along/immediately behind the boundary and then maybe lessen again as storms get further into cooler air.

That's what I'm waiting to see. Could enhance the tor threat along/immediately behind the boundary and then maybe lessen again as storms get further into cooler air.

feeling incredibly stable out here now with temps dropping into the low 60s, so i think any threat is going to have to come from a well organized MCS later this evening.

Damaging tornado confirmed by law enforcement at 4:22.  Belmond was struck by a tornado many years ago.

IAC033-069-081-197-122145-
/O.CON.KDMX.TO.W.0013.000000T0000Z-130612T2145Z/
HANCOCK IA-FRANKLIN IA-CERRO GORDO IA-WRIGHT IA-
424 PM CDT WED JUN 12 2013

...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR NORTHEASTERN WRIGHT...
SOUTHWESTERN CERRO GORDO...NORTHWESTERN FRANKLIN AND SOUTHEASTERN
HANCOCK COUNTIES UNTIL 445 PM CDT...

AT 422 PM CDT...A CONFIRMED TORNADO WAS LOCATED NEAR BELMOND...AND
MOVING EAST AT 20 MPH.

HAZARD...DAMAGING TORNADO AND HALF DOLLAR SIZE HAIL.

SOURCE...LAW ENFORCEMENT CONFIRMED TORNADO.

IMPACT...MOBILE HOMES WILL BE DAMAGED OR DESTROYED. DAMAGE TO
ROOFS...WINDOWS AND VEHICLES WILL OCCUR. FLYING DEBRIS WILL
BE DEADLY TO PEOPLE AND ANIMALS. TREE DAMAGE IS LIKELY.

LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...
MESERVEY...ALEXANDER AND THORNTON.

LAW ENFORCEMENT REPORTED A TORNADO ON THE GROUND JUST NORTH OF
BELMOND.

Cell near Belmond, IA, is really tightening as it moves along the boundary.

S^%$ This looks very serious for Chicago. It's pretty far West right now with two tornado warnings. Could be a mess by Aurora. I'm trying to analyze IF Chicago can get hit by a tornado, to no evail. Radar takes it either South of us or far West of us. Any ideas guys? Also has a tornado actually been spotted by Aurora? I'm guessing it's rain wrapped.

Correct me if I am wrong, but these storms are the appetizer? Main course to be when those cells in Iowa, WI merge into a line?

That's a wild looking line isn't it! Snakes it's way in a SIN type curve.

The storm by DeKalb is nasty looking. How's it looking down there?

S^%$ This looks very serious for Chicago. It's pretty far West right now with two tornado warnings. Could be a mess by Aurora. I'm trying to analyze IF Chicago can get hit by a tornado, to no evail. Radar takes it either South of us or far West of us. Any ideas guys? Also has a tornado actually been spotted by Aurora? I'm guessing it's rain wrapped.

little to no chance city proper

Chicago itself is in a very different environment right now thanks to the marine boundary pushing through. I don't think they'll be much tornado threat with these initial cells at the least. Could still be wind/hail producers and obviously a rush hour problem.

Correct me if I am wrong, but these storms are the appetizer? Main course to be when those cells in Iowa, WI merge into a line?

Those supercells along the line across IA and WI should take a bit to consolidate, they are well spaced.

Shot the gap... Got so little rain that I will still need to go and water my newly planted grass. Pretty wicked lightning and thunder to the south.

Gotten pretty dark here with the anvil overhead from the northern cell. Thunder very noticeable already.

...and now raining.

Archived