12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Mid May cold snap

Ginx snewx

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't either. I think it would really help clean up this place and drive some of the trolls away. I'm not sure what I did wrong today?

If I started 5ppding trolls you'd be the first to fall victim. Let's move on and stop talking about this here. If any of you have anything left to say to one another take it to PM. 

I didn't do anything except post my temp. Some various posters and mods challenged it as always, including you. Then one poster got upset and started swearing.

Fair enough...but you went fishing with your comment about Coventry being a "magical place" because of an ob he posted, and made it sound skeptical because it was 53F at 1000ft in Tolland.

All he said was it was 50F at his house and some of us looked at area obs and it made sense that it could be 50F. I also posted it was a day with large variations due to cloud cover vs sun, so you could be 53F too at that same time.

Fair enough...but you went fishing with your comment about Coventry being a "magical place" because of an ob he posted, and made it sound skeptical because it was 53F at 1000ft in Tolland.

Perhaps that how you interpreted it, but that wasn't my intention. Anyway case closed. Kevin banned. Board better place. Frost and freezes tonight

We all need to get a little better and clean up the banter. But like Ryan said, enough for now.

What's up with all of the controlling people trying to limit the discussion in the "banter" thread...what a weird place this is.

5 post threats "we all need to do this and that",  ugh.  Control -freaks!

What's up with all of the controlling people trying to limit the discussion in the "banter" thread...what a weird place this is.

5 post threats "we all need to do this and that",  ugh.  Control -freaks!

Probably because banter should stay in the banter thread. Its not that difficult.

If people would keep on topic about weather on a weatherboard and limit the trolling, it wouldn't be a problem.

High temp in the low 50s and breezy... hard to believe it's mid May.  :shiver:

What's the over-under on how cold it'll get tonight??

If you are in a good rad spot, then good chance you get near freezing. Otherwise mid to upper 30s with probably closer to 40 in the urban centers like BOS.

I just had some snow/graupel flurries. At first I thought it was more of those cottonwood seeds, but no, it was definitely frozen precipitation upon closer inspection. I wonder if there's a METAR code for a cottonwood seed/snow mix. ;)

It's been 98% overcast all day with readings stuck in the mid 40s. As such, I don't think I'll reach 50° F today. Tonight will be cold, but I'm not sure if we'll radiate that well given the clouds and wind.

Simply depressing for Mid-May:

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE FAIRBANKS AK
933 AM AKDT MON MAY 13 2013

AKZ218>226-131945-
SOUTHEASTERN BROOKS RANGE-UPPER KOYUKUK VALLEY-
YUKON FLATS AND SURROUNDING UPLANDS-CENTRAL INTERIOR-
MIDDLE TANANA VALLEY-DELTANA AND TANANA FLATS-
UPPER TANANA VALLEY AND THE FORTYMILE COUNTRY-DENALI-
EASTERN ALASKA RANGE-
INCLUDING...ARCTIC VILLAGE...WISEMAN...COLDFOOT...
CHANDALAR D.O.T. CAMP...INIAKUK LAKE...ALLAKAKET...HUGHES...
BETTLES...CARIBOU MOUNTAIN...GOBBLERS KNOB...FORT YUKON...
VENETIE...CENTRAL...CIRCLE...STEVENS VILLAGE...BEAVER...
CHALKYITSIK...BIRCH CREEK...CIRCLE HOT SPRINGS...EAGLE SUMMIT...
TWELVEMILE SUMMIT...NENANA...ANDERSON...TANANA...MINTO...
MANLEY HOT SPRINGS...RAMPART...LAKE MINCHUMINA...LIVENGOOD...
FAIRBANKS...FORT WAINWRIGHT...EIELSON AFB...ESTER...NORTH POLE...
MOOSE CREEK...TWO RIVERS...FOX...CHATANIKA...CHENA HOT SPRINGS...
SOURDOUGH CAMP...SALCHA...DELTA JUNCTION...FORT GREELY...
HARDING/BIRCH LAKE...DRY CREEK...DOT LAKE...HEALY LAKE...TOK...
TANACROSS...EAGLE...TETLIN...NORTHWAY...ALCAN...CHICKEN...
BOUNDARY...HEALY...DENALI NATIONAL PARK...CARLO CREEK...
KANTISHNA...MENTASTA LAKE...BLACK RAPIDS...DONNELLY DOME...
TRIMS CAMP...EAGLE TRAIL...MINERAL LAKE
933 AM AKDT MON MAY 13 2013

...STRONG COLD FRONT MOVING ACROSS THE EASTERN INTERIOR THIS MORNING...

A STRONG COLD FRONT MOVED THROUGH FAIRBANKS LAST NIGHT AND IS NOW
MOVING THROUGH NORTHWAY AND EAGLE. NORTHWEST WINDS GUSTING 25 TO
40 MPH AND HEAVY SNOW HAVE BEEN REPORTED THIS MORNING FROM DOT
LAKE TO TOK AND SOUTH INTO THE ALASKA RANGE. TEMPERATURES ACROSS
THE INTERIOR HAVE FALLEN INTO THE TEENS AND 20S BEHIND THE COLD
FRONT AND WILL SET RECORD COLD READINGS AT MANY LOCATIONS.

It's currently 26F in Fairbanks and the normal high for today is 60F, yikes.

Still waiting for ice-out on the Tanana river:

http://www.nenanaakiceclassic.com/

If you are in a good rad spot, then good chance you get near freezing. Otherwise mid to upper 30s with probably closer to 40 in the urban centers like BOS.

It dropped into the mid 30s here this morning, so maybe near freezing by tomorrow morning?

I just had some snow/graupel flurries. At first I thought it was more of those cottonwood seeds, but no, it was definitely frozen precipitation upon closer inspection. I wonder if there's a METAR code for a cottonwood seed/snow mix. ;)

It's been 98% overcast all day with readings stuck in the mid 40s. As such, I don't think I'll reach 50° F today. Tonight will be cold, but I'm not sure if we'll radiate that well given the clouds and wind.

There's been off an on snow obs out in the higher terrain to your west too like ELZ and BFD.

Lol good one Mitch

Archived