Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
December 19th-20 Storm Thread III

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be stoked to get a dusting down here, after having everything ripped away, any flakes are good flakes at anytime :snowman:

Right there with you. We could eek out an inch by the end of the run.

Should the NAM play out as it is (or God willing become even more signifcant for SNE), it will be the most embarassing moment for all meteorlogical models in what is likely a long time.

It would be nice if that pivot could kick in a little earlier.

I don't have a good memory for storms. *IF* the NAM were to verify or even come west a bit more has there been a storm that anyone can remember that the models vacillated so much with? I have seen guidance shift well SE or well NW but over the past several days I can't remember such extreme shifts, out to sea, no big storm, no everything says out to sea then just 24 hours before storm onset possibly a major 976mb hit again.

Dude, you just caused massive erectile dysfunction for the entire state of Maine and now you are teasing them again? Ouch.

Just kidding.

I was talking Boston. Downeast/coastal ME is still SN to RA/ice at some point with the retro stuff. But who cares at this point about the details.

If the nam verifies you can all thank me. I have the propensity to experience snowstorms when i shouldnt (see 2/5/01, 12/9/05, etc). I am in attleboro this weekend when i wasnt supposed to be.

Bring it.

We will all be thankful you left here and it snows and you went back to mass and it snows, A win win..........lol

I love this from the WHDH weather blog - Met Chris Lambert this morning.

"Now that the storm has developed, and we're much closer to Sunday night/Monday, the models have done a much better job handling the path of the storm and the timing of it. That means no more flip-flopping or inconsistencies"

http://www1.whdh.com/weather/blog/posts/BO144700/

:lol:

Archived