amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
December 19th-20 Storm Thread III

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting to think if it's possible we can go 0 for a winter. Busts my forecast hugely but it may be worth it to see if we can have a cold winter and 0 snow. Intriguing and perhaps worth chasing....

I was thinking along similar lines just now. Not 0-for-winter, that'd be impossible I think in these parts, but just to get to 50" for this season will be a herculean effort on the part of the snow gods. It can happen as dendrite's sig will attest, but I'm suddenly thinking that a sub-50" season may be in store.

Of course, if we get drilled with snow next weekend my pessimism wil be replaced by eternal optimism and smiling kitty cats.

I think coast dwellers need to come off the ledge until after the 18z.  If that stays/goes further fine, but there's still some hope here for a 2-4/3-6 drawn out event.

Nipples of land like Cape Cod still have a shot at something more as well.

Such as sleet and rain?

Such as sleet and rain?

Wouldn't sleet here, too warm. With a wide miss we'd get some OES snow. With a light to moderate hit there's a decent shot it would be snow.

from twitter...bastardi says:

Looks like the Beastie is getting the best of me.. heading further out to sea. Will wait before I flip on what looks like my flop.

when joe bastardi admits a flop you know it's over!!!

That increases the chance of a storm by 20%.

Back from the ledge. The system north of of the ND/Canada border looks pretty good right now. That's one component as it slowly spins down and around and tries to phase with the energy rocketing down from the PAC NW. The stronger it is now IMO the better.

Speaking mainly for my area up to Boston.

lol........How have you been?

Archived