Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2013 Obs

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone in central/eastern NC, whatever happened to the line of storms which was supposed to come through Sat night? I was visiting family in PA from Thursday through today. I was expecting to come home and see some rain recorded in my electronic rain guage, but it registered zilch. Anybody know what happened?

A complete fail, as expected.

Interesting ob...party on Spartanburg!

attachicon.gifpirep.png

:lol:  

This is the kind of record I :wub: 

RECORD EVENT REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE COLUMBIA SC

807 AM EST TUE MAR 14 2013

...RECORD LOW TEMPERATURE TIED AT COLUMBIA METRO AIRPORT...

THE MERCURY DIPPED TO 44 DEGREES AT 614 AM THIS MORNING AT THE

COLUMBIA METRO AIRPORT. THIS TIES THE RECORD OF 44 DEGREES SET IN

A little more than half way through the month, and only .56" collected so far here in Clayton. Water hoses, misters and drip lines are getting an early workout this year.

Sounds like here last year.  Right now I probably could not dig a hole without it filling up with water.  I just now planted my garden due to it being to wet to till.  We are at 32" for the year already and I think I only got 40" for all of last year.

A little more than half way through the month, and only .56" collected so far here in Clayton. Water hoses, misters and drip lines are getting an early workout this year.

Its the same here, hoping this pattern works out and we get some decent coverage of afternoon storms, get under a few of them this weekend will help out at least on local levels. 

Ended up with almost 1.5" out of this slow moving storm, it was a nice treat but pretty localized, however it looks like some midday sun is on tap so maybe we can get some more, many places here in eastern NC are starting to get pretty far behind in rainfall for the year. 

i got my grass mowed.  Does that count as an ob?  I checked the radar this morning and saw storms to the east, storms to the west, all moving rapidly NNE with a nice dry slot between them over me. Just finished mowing and the radar actually looks clearer than it did this morning.  I'm still expecting it to pick up later.

Ended up with almost 1.5" out of this slow moving storm, it was a nice treat but pretty localized, however it looks like some midday sun is on tap so maybe we can get some more, many places here in eastern NC are starting to get pretty far behind in rainfall for the year. 

Tell me about it.  The city fathers in Wilson seem to have installed some rain deflection device without telling us.  Twice within a 14 hour period we were grazed by heavy cells just a few miles away.

Archived