Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2013 Obs

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May the 2nd in North Carolina and I sat at a soccer game last night and froze my (squirrels favorite food) off.  East wind blasting away with drizzle coming in sideways.  Wind chill felt like the low-mid 40's. 

This time last year we were already skiing and swimming in the lake, and had been for 3 weeks!  So as much as we see seasonal differences like this year to year,  I'm optimistic that Mother Nature hasn't forgotten how to deliver some foot deep snows to the Carolina's along with subterrainian insect killing cold snaps.

I'm counting on ya' girl.  See you in November!

Now, back to the weather at hand.  This sucks! 

Now, back to the weather at hand.  This sucks! 

Boy you're not kidding, I just went outside and I've got 58 degrees and drizzle......god I hate these late spring wedges, this is one of the more miserable spring days I can remember.  I would love to be able to go eat outside with some shorts on and enjoy the warm weather.  Terrible.

Enjoying the awesome wedge up here in Hickory!  It's 56, cloudy, and damp.  Grass is green and healthy.  Pollen counts are low.  Long-sleeves are in full force.  Jackets are optional.  Heat is non-existent.  What else could be better?!  Only if it were pouring rain outside, I guess...

I have to counter all you people decrying the current weather.  :D

I'm hoping for bucket-loads of rain this weekend from the cutoff.  Bring it on!  I had over 7 inches last May, and I'm hoping to challenge that total this year too.

Enjoying the awesome wedge up here in Hickory! It's 56, cloudy, and damp. Grass is green and healthy. Pollen counts are low. Long-sleeves are in full force. Jackets are optional. Heat is non-existent. What else could be better?! Only if it were pouring rain outside, I guess...

I have to counter all you people decrying the current weather. :D

I'm hoping for bucket-loads of rain this weekend from the cutoff. Bring it on! I had over 7 inches last May, and I'm hoping to challenge that total this year too.

X2 well said

Overcast and not-hot here in NW Alabama ... the dams are discharging on multiple spillways to prevent flooding upstream.  It's sort of weird crossing the bridge and looking over to see all but one of the spillways going strong. The higher water levels and stronger current are making the fishing a bit more challenging than usual.

On the plus side I won't object to putting off the summer muggies a while longer.  Everyone keeps bragging about how miserable it gets here with heat + humidity in the same breath they're complaining about the lack of sun.  I think this thing of bragging about how sucky things are started in Texas?

Moderate rain, then a patch of heavy rain, now back to steady moderate rain here in NW Alabama ... man I wish I had a gauge setup here, there's already lots of ponding in the lot and most creeks were already full or over before this started.

It's also cool.  Not really chilly unless you get soaked by the rain.

(Raining out the First Friday festival in downtown Florence, and probably making the fishermen on day 3 of the 4-day tournament a little annoyed)

Archived