Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Medium/Long Range Discussion Part 5

Harry

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

March was the 10th warmest of all time...............globally. It is all about the backyard.

Of course the Upper Midwest cold spell has not been indicative of global temperatures, but the globe has not warmed as much as expected if most months are coming in between 10th-15th warmest of all time, which seems to be the trend. With the IPCC best estimate for global warming by 2100 being 1.8-4.0C, we need to be warming at least .15C/decade to hit the lower end, and close to .3C/decade to meet the higher end, assuming modest acceleration of warming. We're closer to .05C/decade since 2002 using the cooler sources (UAH/RSS) and closer to .1C/decade using the warmer sources (GISS/NCDC), giving us a consensus that the Earth's warming has decreased to around .07C/decade, or much less than expected. 

Imagine that? Discussing ones backyard on a weather forum! (Though when the cold in other parts of the globe was discussed during our Morch last year, it was quickly dismissed). I will say it makes sense now...the warm weather you've been saying is on the way for the past 3 months has arrived........globally.

Not much class in this post. You have been due for a few snarky comments. Here they are. Lets be civil.

We need a group hug...we could all hold hands and watch the Brewers pound the Cubs at a local Milwaukee pub :pepsi:  BowMe could watch my 3 kids and i could get loaded, drinking away all my sorrows :D

OK...so NAEFS looks like its taking us back to more normal temps, at least during that time frame...Euro looks...ehhhhh...  GFS shows warmth in the extended... 

Not much class in this post. You have been due for a few snarky comments. Here they are. Lets be civil.

He IS correct though.

e5fkt1.jpg

What's that yellow thing in the sky!

:lmao:

Average high - 62. Actual high - 40.

Ouch. Hopefully soon..... Hopefully soon.

Using Marshall ( KRMY ) eh? Only made it up to 38 at KBTL.

Yowsers!  Actually looks like the very warm air builds west and NORTH of here...  Man there is going to be rapid rapid rapid snow melt....

2v2h8hj.jpg

Torch incoming!

After this system moves on out on Tuesday, the temperatures really look to take off in the region.  :sun:

You got me, it was on accuweather.

38 is brutal. I actually ended up moving, Harry. Live on south 31st now for the next year. Airport's IMBY. Need to update my widget.

Cool. That part of BC is not too bad and you are close to everything. And yeah it kinda felt brutal with the wind even with the late afternoon sun. Once the wind calmed it did not feel as bad.

The latest Euro is a thing of beauty for those of us in the upper midwest and lakes.  It's looking good for the next two nights being the last freeze/frost of the season.  The only problem with the extended range is this pattern probably would not produce much severe weather.

We don't really need the severe weather anyway.

The latest Euro is a thing of beauty for those of us in the upper midwest and lakes.  It's looking good for the next two nights being the last freeze/frost of the season.  The only problem with the extended range is this pattern probably would not produce much severe weather.

msl_uv850_z500!Geopotential%20500%20hPa%

Yeah that Rex Block (the high placed over the low) over the Eastern half of the US is about as least conducive to severe weather as you can get. Also it is prone to backdoor cold fronts which are always "exciting".

Archived