• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Medium/Long Range Discussion Part 5

Harry

For NOW everything points towards more below normal temps but one has to believe we get a respite from it if even for a week or two? Even during the warmer regime it broke briefly from time to time. Thus my hunch is that those looking forward to a warmer pattern and more action on the severe wx front will get it in April. Probably after week 2. This is also based on typical blocking regimes like we are seeing as well.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Outlook for April... starting off cool but overall warm look especially by middle of the month. Warm March 31-April 3 as ext rwt arrives for the 3-4 then 10-15 degree drop in temps and colder April 4-6. Becoming 10-20 degrees warmer on 7-8 ahead of next rwt on 9 then warm ahead of another rwt expected to arrive April 11-12 with 10-15 degree cool down for the 13-14th which will be short lived. Then a 5-10 degree warm up again April 15-16 ahead of rwt for 16th and then around 5 degrees cooler for the 17 and then a 10-20 degree warm up again 18-19. I believe during and after the two short waves on the 9 and 11th temps will rise to above normal levels with warmth peaking around 18-19th and remain above normal but cooling slightly as we head through the 24th or so.

Sorry it's not pretty with pics to go along with it, some people were asking so I threw this together quickly since I have been short on time these past couple weeks.

EDIT: I forgot to add that I think the SW-rwt for April 11-12 has potential for svr wx or late season snow storm for the northern regions east of the Mississippi. Same goes for the April 3-4 SW-rwt

Outlook for April... starting off cool but overall warm look especially by middle of the month. Warm March 31-April 3 as ext rwt arrives for the 3-4 then 10-15 degree drop in temps and colder April 4-6. Becoming 10-20 degrees warmer on 7-8 ahead of next rwt on 9 then warm ahead of another rwt expected to arrive April 11-12 with 10-15 degree cool down for the 13-14th which will be short lived. Then a 5-10 degree warm up again April 15-16 ahead of rwt for 16th and then around 5 degrees cooler for the 17 and then a 10-20 degree warm up again 18-19. I believe during and after the two short waves on the 9 and 11th temps will rise to above normal levels with warmth peaking around 18-19th and remain above normal but cooling slightly as we head through the 24th or so.

Sorry it's not pretty with pics to go along with it, some people were asking so I threw this together quickly since I have been short on time these past couple weeks.

Thanks for quicky post. Any ideas on the severe weather this spring. There has been talk about a more active spring WRT stroms heading into the great lakes region.

Really looks like 50Fs are possible next weekend....  At this rate, we should have most of the snowpack (locally) melted off or at least down to piles here in the city.

I agree things r looking up. i was in rushford today walking around the golf course. It is a glacier. So much more snow there

The 6-10, 8-14 day CPC outlooks are not all that encouraging for this subforum. Cold and somewhat drier than normal. I would really like some warmth at this point, even if it's 45-50° temperatures for highs.

Doesn't look like anything will be blooming until April this spring!

The warmth looks best the farther west you go... For Michigan, not a single above normal day in the 15 day outlook.

Same here, nothing past the mid 40s at best from what I can see. Getting into that time of year where lake breezes can ruin an otherwise mild day under a light wind field. Lake breezes will have quite a punch this spring later, but that will probably mean better AC in the summer.

You're the one who said they found cold interesting.

What the **** is wrong with people on here?  Some folks think cold weather is good, and some don't.  Big deal.  Please forgive us "boring" folks who are enjoying the fact that winter is hanging around for awhile this season.  We didn't have any winter at all through Jan...so why not hope for it in Feb/March?

This is a forum started by people who enjoy winter wx.  It's not that hard to understand.

What the **** is wrong with people on here?  Some folks think cold weather is good, and some don't.  Big deal.  Please forgive us "boring" folks who are enjoying the fact that winter is hanging around for awhile this season.  We didn't have any winter at all through Jan...so why not hope for it in Feb/March?

This is a forum started by people who enjoy winter wx.  It's not that hard to understand.

Calm down  :facepalm: 

You're the one who said they found cold interesting.

California is the most populous state and it churns out less weather weenies than Rhode Island for a reason.

The cold is impressive this month, I have to give it that. I don't ever remember a March quite as cold as this one. For departure sake, the rest of the month can stay below normal, but I would like April to start off on a normal note at least!

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe these forums were started for all types of weather not just winter weather (cold and boring).

Archived